headhunter

150" WMAT Coues

Steve Stayner is the guy you need to talk to for replicas. He does an amazing job, you can't tell the difference from the orginals and the replicas. His number is 602-549-0844. Great guy to work with and does amazing work

Steve's Dad Ralph lives in Nutrioso and he does the replicas in his basement--not sure if you live anywhere near there but you may want to look him up.

I just realized I never commented on this incredible deer. I was too caught up looking at the pictures and thinking how lucky you are to have both seen this guy alive and to have harvested him. Great job and congratulations!

Awesome Coues, congrats. You're probably have and will continue to get some huge offers for that deer. Again, congrats on a such a beautiful giant!!!!

You might try and give Clay, Mogollon Taxidermy, a call for assistance also.

wow.. i still cant get over how big this buster is!

I still havent heard from anyone yet if this is a Hybrid species of the Coues.. Muley/Coues? Like alot of the northern area deer are?

hey guys just wanted to say thanks again!! for all the congrats!!! I am having three replicas done this weekend hope they turn out like the real deal... Now i got to thinking should i get a replica mounted with the original cape or the real rack? undecided??? What would you do?

Real rack goes with real cape. Replicas can use other capes. Why do it any other way?

and of course, I recommend you give one of the replicas to CouesWhitetail.com :lol:

Amanda

I'm going to dissagree with Amanda on this one. I killed a pretty good buck a few years ago and had some replicas made. I ended up mounting a replica and keeping the real horns as a skull. I'm REALLY glad I did it that way. Now I can fondle the skull any time I want (which is pretty often - my wife actually gets jealous ;)) or when someone comes by and looks at the mount I run and grab the skull and hand it to them so they can see it actually in their hands. Replicas look great, but just don't 'feel' the same. Once you mount the real horns, you can't ever hold them again. My 2 pennies.

I'm going to dissagree with Amanda on this one. I killed a pretty good buck a few years ago and had some replicas made. I ended up mounting a replica and keeping the real horns as a skull. I'm REALLY glad I did it that way. Now I can fondle the skull any time I want (which is pretty often - my wife actually gets jealous ;)) or when someone comes by and looks at the mount I run and grab the skull and hand it to them so they can see it actually in their hands. Replicas look great, but just don't 'feel' the same. Once you mount the real horns, you can't ever hold them again. My 2 pennies.

I agree with you Coues Sniper! I am a big fan of skulls rather than mounting! That's what I go with mine. I assume he had already decided to mount both the replica and the real one.

Oh and nice chatting with you at the show in SLC, CouesSniper!

Amanda

I agree with you Coues Sniper! I am a big fan of skulls rather than mounting! That's what I go with mine. I assume he had already decided to mount both the replica and the real one.

Oh and nice chatting with you at the show in SLC, CouesSniper!

Amanda

Well you may be right - especially if he made a deal with Cabelas or something. In which case I would go your way. But I hope he keeps that skull. That deer more than most makes an amazing skull.

And it was great talking to you at the show also! I think you and Jim had one of the best booths there. Hopefully, it was a productive weekend for the both of you ;)