headhunter

150" WMAT Coues

post-3401-1266822518_thumb.jpgpost-3401-1266822928.jpg

post-3401-1264685222_thumb.jpgsorry they didn't show up as well these were taken from my phone.post-3401-1264685211_thumb.jpg

Okay here we go with the story..... On a cold thursday morning (jan. 7, 2010) my brother and I went out to a area i've been seeing alot of deer about 25 miles away from home. We had glassed and walked the area for 5 hours but had only seen one doe. So we decided to leave the area and check out this other place lower toward the black river area. Where we parked the jeep and decided to walk along the side of a canyon and work our way down to the black river. I told my brother to stay up on top and glass the area while i cross the canyon and walk along side it. The ridge i walked on started to drop off to a 20 foot cliff so i walked back to the area my brother was glassing. When i got to the top i couldnt find him, so i whistled softly a couple times. He whistled back and signal me to come in his direction. I worked my way thru the tree line to him and he told me that he had just seen a massive buck on top of the ridge i was walking on. So we tried to locate this buck that he had seen. I told him we should relocate to a higher point and see if we can spot him, so we did. We glassed but still couldnt find him. So we decided to wait and see if he would come into an opening. As luck turned to my side a doe had appeared in the opening. I got my 300 WSM ready and waited for this buck to pop out. Within a few seconds he appeared about 250 yards chasing the doe, my heart beated so hard when i seen the rack of this monster!!! I then placed my cross hairs on this buck and pulled the trigger, once hit he spun around and started to flee to the other side of the ridge. I didnt want to loose this trophy so i shot once again and nailed his left hind quarter which dropped him. We knew for sure he was down so we quickly ran down and up to where the buck was. With all the adrenaline flowing, seems like we got to the buck in less than a minute!!! Once i seen the antlers on this coues i shouted in victory giving my brother high 5's and thanking the Lord for this amazing animal!!!

I wouldn't have gotten this buck if it weren't for my brother spotting this huge buck of a lifetime!

Special thanks to my brother for helping me bag this 150'' gross and 137 7/8 net monster!

Will post more pictures within the next few days..

Base circumference: Left- 5 7/8 Right- 5 7/8

Main beam: Left- 20 2/8 Right- 19 6/8

Inside spread: 17 2/8

post-3401-1266822992_thumb.jpg

:o HOLLY $#!* :blink: :blink: . Man, I think I need a doctor cause that buck is as sick as they get!!!

That BEAST Is PHENOMINAL / SUPERNATURAL- Just AWW inspeireing bro........

A huge Congrats, I can't stress that enough. :blink: :blink: The Great Spirit broke the mold on that one no doubt......

Bet your on cloud 9, very thankfull and still in shock....

Story? OHH, and a big welcome to the site :)

Freaking AWESOME :blink:, thanks so much for shareing with us !!!

Great looking buck! It sure does look like he's been in the field for a while. Has that old deer look to him. His neck looks like its gonna rip his own hide too! Wow its swollen.

He also looks like he'll weigh a good bit. Any idea on his weight?

Wow! What a toad!

Nicely done! Why is he all messed up lookin? Like wet lookin

Probly from hugging and drool :lol: :lol: . Can't wait for story/pics.

You must be a good man, the great spirit does not offer bucks like that to just anyone, I'm sure you deserve it....

I'm really stoked for you! congrats again.