lionhunter

Strangest thing that has ever came into your call???

so what is the point in confiscating animals...does anyone know what happens to them?

The lion we got to see that G&F had during quail season was sent to a University that needed a whole lion carcass. The guy wasn't ticketed either as the lion was messin' with his dog.

Still another reason to always have that lion tag in your pocket and slugs if you're using a shotgun.

It's been a long time since I called, but I used to go through phases. There was a time when all that would come in for me were coatis and ringtails whenever I called in the oak habitat. Never figured out what I was doing differently, but I also went through a brief gray fox phase, too, in addition to the usual coyotes and bobcats. I also got dive-bombed several times by redtail hawks, and that was downright scary. Very few people were calling in those days, and the critters weren't educated.

Bill Quimby

When I first moved to Payson I heard you can call in bears. I grabbed a predator call and climbed up in a tree and started calling.

After calling for about 15 mins, 2 does come running in . I said to myself "Wow, if that is all I can call in, I'm going home." I climbed out of the tree and went home.

Patience was not one of my strong points!

My cousin called in the sheriffs department a group of hiker said that they herd a women yelling for her life lol

The most strang thing i have ever called was a mountain lion in the flats no trees no bushes just grass everywhere. And sure enough right below us in a gully when doing a jack rabbit in distress this mountain lion comes running in.

I called in two maverick bulls once. Man they were.......Pissed off! Both charged thru the mesquite flats like rhinos. Scared the heck outta me and partner since we only had bows in a mesquite thicket that grew only 4' high :lol: .

Bout 15 years ago when my voice was changeing every second, I called in two muley does' and a coyote at the same time.... I guess the god awfull sounds I was makeing sounded like a fawn in distress..

Got on a big bull one time and rattled some deer horns at him, he came in close ( 10 yds) to investigate, this was in last week of nov.

Rattled in a stomper Coues buck last OCTOBER :huh: , I mouth bleated to stop him for the shot, and missed... The only other calls that day was curseing while looking for blood and calling my Muzzy a one pump chump- myself an idiot for not fouling the barrell!! Haven't called much so these are my strangest calling highlights.

But, when busting into Deer while hikeing, they usually get some " BAAHH or CM' Baaack" outa me, seems to strike their interest instead of fear, works often but not allways. Calling of sorts I reckon.

Lmao @ " 5'11 swedish blonde" :lol: :lol:

well not really weird but fall turkey hunt barely legal shooting light I cackled to see if the turkey's would respond and fly down no luck but within 5 seconds coyote ran me an my buddy over

I was calling on the San Carlos and called in a 15 year old Indian boy with a SKS.... I seriously thought he was going to shoot me before he figured out I wasn't a rabbit

I was in what I thought was the middle of nowhere in 36A and called in a coyote. Just as I got ready to shoot, a cocker spaniel came running up. Coyote took off and that was that! No, I didn't shoot the cocker- figgered his owner was out hiking or something with him and probably pizzed that he took off and wouldn't come back!!

One time when calling near Black River, I had a mulie doe jump over me as I hunkered behind a bush! I should have grabbed her but was too caught up in the moment to do anything.