Rembrant

A Wee Little Change in Our Country

You know what else gets me...

They did this on a Sunday! I will bet the Founding Fathers are rolling over in their graves about that. Nothing is sacred anymore.

We the people of the United States of America.... need to wake up and do something now! Or we will be saying "we the people" got hosed! (heck, we already can say that)

I can't listen to talk radio anymore. My blood pressure will peg and I'll stoke out, or just fall over dead from a heart attack.

We can only hope that the sheeple in this country can remember until November.

Mark

When elected officials fail to listen the people and purposely give the majority the middle finger, it's time for them to go. I would personally like to thank Tim and Doug and all those others who at least tried to get through to the elected elite in this country to let them know their thoughts and opinions. I sent many e-mails and made numerous phone calls, never got through to any of them or even got a single response, other than the generic canned auto response. It appears to me they turned off their fax machines, phones and computers. If the majority was in favor of this legislation, I wouldn't be happy about it - in fact I'd be pissed, but it would be easier to swallow knowing we live in a Democracy and the will of the majority prevailed. We have a leadership that feels they know what's best for us and they forgot or deliberately decided that we work for them and they know what's best for their citizens. Not the country I know and grew up in and certainly not the vision of the founding fathers. I truly feel sorry for our kids and grandkids that will inherit this mess and have to pay for this obamination. They will surely not have the quality of life that we enjoyed and will be working not for their families, but the sustenance of a monster massive bloated government that feeds on liberty and freedom.

A friend sent this to me. I think it sums it up pretty well...

"So, they just passed a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he didn't understand it, passed by a Congress that exempts themselves from it, signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, all to be overseen by a Surgeon General whose obese. And best of all, financed by a country that’s broke."

Did you guys hear about this she so upset and disgusted that she decided to go

post-2827-1269552901.jpg

For those who contacted Kirkpatrick, don't feel bad. Several of us got the same treatment from Giffords: a canned response that read more like a campaign add rather than an intelligent response on an important issue.

We need to see at least 50 or so of the Dems go on down the road. Can't wait until Nov.

I'd be happy if we just got Grijalva out.

I second that notion!

I third that! Did anyone else get the response e mail from Grijalva? I got one yesterday. He has no clue of anything going on outside his office door!

Companies are already publishing garbage about cutting out helathcare or firing employees to pay for it. They don't really understand the impact so it is just another excuse to dump more people or to shed the liability of health insurance. IMO people are going to be shocked when they get dumped into the government pool and it is going to be a lot more than Obama said. You can keep your existing health insurance if you can pay for it yourself. Can't wait for november and hope they don't pass cap & trade or immigration reform before then but bet they will.

I'd be happy if we just got Grijalva out.

I second that notion!

I third that! Did anyone else get the response e mail from Grijalva? I got one yesterday. He has no clue of anything going on outside his office door!

He's more worried about creating safer routes for people crossing the border and I don't mean tourist. He cares more about representing Mexico than he does of the US.

I know how they are going to pay for it all. It is called VAT.

I learned about this in January and sent this email off to several conservative talk show hosts when I got back from the conference.

Obama's floating a new Tax plan....

At the NRF (National Retail Federation) show in NY on 1/11/10, Mark Zandi (Zandi is the only economist that Obama and the libs got to promote the national bailout plan in early 2009) was floating what I believe is the early announcement that the US will be implementing a VAT (Value Added Tax) as early as 2011.

I attended the show and to parphrase, Zandi, he said it was inconceivable that we could reduce the deficit without a VAT. He also said the US was the only remaining major economy with no VAT currently and referenced Great Britain, Canada, and the EU as examples. He implied the consensus of economists and the administration is the VAT is something that we will add because it works in these other nations and the US is at so much of an extreme disadvantage with the high deficits that we will need to implement the VAT.

Zandi was on stage in a panel forum along with Howard Levine CEO of Dollar General and Alan Questrom (former CEO of JC Penney)

Excerpt from Online article on NRF site

"Questrom and Zandi disagreed more strongly over the prospects for a national value-added tax, which would place a tax on products in multiple points of the supply chain instead of just at the retail point of sale. Zandi suggested a VAT was a necessary evil that would temporarily hurt consumer spending, but help the federal government raise revenue to improve the economy and consumer buying power in the long run."

I confess that I did not take great notes as I thought I was just uninformed and this VAT balloon had to have been floated previously. Later research online finds no mention of the administration support of it. To me it appeared that Zandi was still playing the front man for Obama plans as he did with the stimulus Bill.

With thousands of people listening, The room was silent as Zandi hawked the plan and the "need" for it. Several people I talked to had no idea Zandi was the primary expert source for validating the Omnibus Stimulus bill and when I let them know, each one understood why Zandi was pitching the VAT so hard. He's the frontman, testing the waters and exposing the idea before the Administration begins promoting it.

Here is the link to the NRF's version of story.

http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=33135

Hang on folks cause the government just tipped their plan.... It is being floated by libs to the media that this is something we may need to do to slow the deficit... Just heard it last week.

votes are just like guns. smart folks use em responsibly. dumbasses vote for guys like obama. remember, if you voted for obama, slug yourself in the mouth every morning. if ya ain't got the guts, or too lazy, like everybody that voted for him, get somebody to do it for you. probably the most important election in American history will take place this fall. vote wisely. and remember, globabl warming, "free" health insurance, anything obama says, are all lies. and if you line up with him, you're a liar too. Lark.