Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

Phoenix Gun Stores??

I would sale the guns outright before I would trade them in. The trade in value sucks.I have watched a few trades take place and just shake my head when the dealer told the guy what he would give him for his guns.

I agree with AG, I have picked up a few used rifles so cheap that the person who gave them up had to have been shackeled and bent over a chair. As far as a good gun shop I would say Dons Sport Shop in Scottsdale

Doug, Tim Tanner and his brother own Don's and they are very good reputable people. Start there and in my opinion I wouldnt go to B.M. or the AZ sportsman both on stapley/southern Mesa. The last two times I have tried to purchase items at these two stores, the service, pricing and overall way they treat you as a "Interuption" in their day is very sorry. I took a new hunter to both stores last weekend to get him and his son outfitted from socks, boots, pack, gun, bino's and basically was ignored for 10 minutes because the counter help was more interested in socializing with their buddies. I ended going to Sportsmans warehouse and combined the sale was over 700.00 for the gear not counting the gun. I guess you have to know someone to buy. Maybe AZ sportsmen will realize why they discontinued bows, fishing and half the square footage of the shop is because they have been indifferent for years and now there is alot of competition. Don's will treat you right and they have expanded their store........I am taking my personal gun to Don's and will direct business their way when I can........hope you find what your looking for.........AT.....

i know exactly what you mean coueshunter, i have been to those exact shops and felt like i was interuping them, and nothing pisses me off more than that,i will not go to them anymore,sportsmens wharehouse is been best for customer service so far,but not always price.i always belive you should support the local guys but they need to step to the plate and provide better service or go out of business.

While in Prescott last weekend for an archery 3D shoot, I stopped at 4 gun shops but did not see anything that really interested me. One shop offered about 50 cents on the dollar for trade-in with the one rifle I had along for trade.

RR

a few years ago i stopped with a friend at a gun shop in the showlow area. he had a lever action browning .22/.250 he was thinking of trading. real nice rifle. they offered him $125 for it. like new. leupold scope. the fat slug behind the counter had some gun trade-in book he was getting the price from. anyway, we left, after tellin' the guy a true story about what he really was. next day he sold it for $400 and i think the guy that bought it got a good deal. best thing is to decide what you want for the gun and sell it. or be like me and never get rid o' one. there ain't no such thing as a bad gun. anyways, unless it's a 7mm/08. Lark.

LOL!

I think I am taking my 7mm/08 to Alaska next month for Bear and / or Sitka Blacktail. :angry:

best be ready to duck. it's a known fact that a 7mm/08 will bounce offa javelina. a bear'll just go, "dang flies". Lark.

Hate to say it but these Mom and Pop stores are losing my business by the minute.

Like Allen said, those two stores in particular. I'm all for the little man. (Like the other Allen said :angry: I just hate it when I feel like I have to chew the fat before I can get any service. Even then, it does seem like they are doing me a favor!

Regards,

Chef

Just the other day I went to AZ sportsmans on Stapley/Southern. I waited about 20 minutes to see a pistol while I watched the representative brag to his store buddy about how great a hunter he was. AZ Sportsmans has always had terrible service in the gun department that I can remember. Bear Mountain has a couple ok customer service reps but they also have the worst of the worst whose name I won't mention and higher prices. SPORTSMANS WAREHOUSE has better customer service, lower prices, and a much larger selection. If Bear Mountain and AZ Sporstmans want to stay in business they better hire some new employees or change their attitudes.

Bear Mountain used to be really good. That guy that runs the place now needs to either learn some "people skills" or just let one of those young chicks that work the register run the joint.

2 weeks ago I was in there, just browsing and killing time, and he looks at me and says "WHAT do you want?" I said, " I want a lot of things, but nuthin' from here." and walked out.

Howie and Jason were always the best to work with at Bear Mountain, now Howie is at Dons Sport Shop and Jason is at Sportsmans Wherehouse. They have got a few part-timers that are pretty good, Jim Conway has always been friendly in the archery dept but is rarely there.

Neither of those two stores will last much longer. Sportsman Warehouse is now in the east valley and has everything those stores have times 100. I predict they will be out of business in less than 6 months at this rate.

I just went up to Salt Lake to the new Cabelas. If you have never been to a Cabelas store, it is well worth it. If you have, well the one in SLC is ...ho-hum. I was quite disappointed. SW has far better prices and nearly the same selection.

I don't know about trading in guns though. Also the Outdoorsman on Cave Creek road will take guns in trade. Saw a guy in there doing just that.