Sign in to follow this  
gmcbob

AZ Electricity to LA

WE HAVE (TAX PAYER'S) BEEN GIVING FREE FOOD, HOUSING, ELECTRICITY, FURNITURE, CLOTHES, DIAPERS AND ANYTHING ELSE ILLEGALS CAN CHEAT THE FEDERAL AND STATE GOV'T FOREVER. IT'S TIME WE DO SOMETHING BECAUSE WHAT HAPPEN'S IN CALIEXICO HAPPENS IN ARIZONA A FEW YEARS LATER. CUT THEM OFF

Yea, it's a nice letter and all, but you KNOW he's just blowing smoke. The AZ Corporation Commission has no power (no pun intended....) over this decsion. California utilities have invested in AZ power plants (Palo Verde) and contractually, the power is going to keep going to California. Nice of him to jump into the media circus though. :rolleyes:

IMO, the guy looks stupid for sending a letter threatening to do something he has no power over......

S.

:)

He didn't say he was going to cut off their power. Did you read the letter?

He is NOT blowing smoke and they CAN cut them off from power. Just so you know.

Really nosajpo??? :blink: How are they going to 'cut them off from power....' ??? Explain to me, logically, how the commission is going to 'cut them off....' given their charter/authority? Do you understand the limited power the the ACC has?? Do you know something that the rest of us don't???

I read the letter. Among other things, he basically states that he would 'be happy to encourage AZ utilities to renegotiate their contracts so LA no longer receives AZ power...' The CA utilites have an OWNERSHIP stake in the AZ power generation! They are not "AZ utilities..." as he states! There is JOINT ownership! Therefore they are CA/AZ utilities!!! There is NO way that they will 'no longer receive AZ power...'! :rolleyes:

My point is that IMO he looks stupid for jumping into this pissing match. Blowing smoke to make it look like the government commission he represents has the authority to do something that they do NOT! Do they have the authority to influence rates, etc. YES! Do they have the authority to see that CA no longer gets power??? NO!

CA: "Oh yea? Well, if you do that, then we'll do this!!!"

AZ: "Oh yea? Well, if you guys do THAT, then we'll do this!!!"

CA: "Oh yea? Well, our govenor can beat up your govenor!!!"

AZ: "Oh yea? Well, at least our govenor is a natural born citizen!!!"

CA: "Well you can't cut our power off anyway!"

AZ: "Can to!"

CA: "Can not!"

AZ: "Oh yea? Well at least we have COUES deer to hunt!!!"

CA: "OH yea? Well we don't want to hunt those little deer anyway!"

Etc., etc., etc....... Politics makes me sick. :(

S.

The ACC has no authority whatsoever in determing the shutoff of any power unless it falls under the statutes of the ACC Regulations. The ACC only regulates the conducts of a corporation as related to any possible fraud, law breaking securities, or in the case of utility companies, how much they can charge.

The final determination would fall on the ownership of the company, the stockholders, and any contract rights.

The threat of turning off the power switch is all "Bluster"

I believe that the AZ Commissioner was more or less calling LA officials out. If they really want to boycott AZ then they not just need to boycott some stuff and still use other services (power, water, sending criminals to AZ jails). If LA officials are true to their word then cut all ties to AZ. I say send the criminals back and all the illegals that we catch give them a one way GREY HOUND BUS TICKET to LA. Let CA deal with them.

He is NOT blowing smoke and they CAN cut them off from power. Just so you know.

Really nosajpo??? :blink: How are they going to 'cut them off from power....' ??? Explain to me, logically, how the commission is going to 'cut them off....' given their charter/authority? Do you understand the limited power the the ACC has?? Do you know something that the rest of us don't???

I read the letter. Among other things, he basically states that he would 'be happy to encourage AZ utilities to renegotiate their contracts so LA no longer receives AZ power...' The CA utilites have an OWNERSHIP stake in the AZ power generation! They are not "AZ utilities..." as he states! There is JOINT ownership! Therefore they are CA/AZ utilities!!! There is NO way that they will 'no longer receive AZ power...'! :rolleyes:

My point is that IMO he looks stupid for jumping into this pissing match. Blowing smoke to make it look like the government commission he represents has the authority to do something that they do NOT! Do they have the authority to influence rates, etc. YES! Do they have the authority to see that CA no longer gets power??? NO!

CA: "Oh yea? Well, if you do that, then we'll do this!!!"

AZ: "Oh yea? Well, if you guys do THAT, then we'll do this!!!"

CA: "Oh yea? Well, our govenor can beat up your govenor!!!"

AZ: "Oh yea? Well, at least our govenor is a natural born citizen!!!"

CA: "Well you can't cut our power off anyway!"

AZ: "Oh yea? Well at least we have COUES deer to hunt!!!"

CA: "OH yea? Well we don't want to hunt those little deer anyway!"

Etc., etc., etc....... Politics makes me sick. :(

S.

LOL!!! that was hysterical Stanley... good one. "Well, we don't want to hunt those little deer anyway!!" LOL!!

I don't know if the commission has the power to follow through on their threat, but I liked the letter anyway. Tensions are running high and people are throwing their weight around.

personally, i thought the letter was pretty smart. what he said was that if they were serious about boycotting Az that he would help them quit buying Az produced power. he never threatened to cut off the juice. i worked in the power industry for over 30 years. a lot of the power produced in Az goes to californication. cal utilities are major partners in about every generating facility and transmission line in Az or have very long contracts to buy power from the plants they aren't part owners of. the majority of the power from palo verde goes west. california is so screwed up that they can't get a permit to build a power plant for anything. too many treehuggers that stop it. so they go to nevada, utah or Az. and either buy the power or are partners in the plants themselves. they have to get power somewhere and the treehuggers and other libs are ok with it as long as it's produced somewhere else. the corporation commission has input in the rates power companies charge their residential and other small customers. big commercial customers all negotiate their own contracts and are all charged different rates. the bigger ya are, the less ya pay for a megawatt. best thing we can do is not go to disneyland or san diego or sea world or 6 flags and do as little business in other areas as possible with california. denver needs the same treatment. new mexico will be next, but they really need our business, so they might not do much more than whine real loud. i still maintain richardson doesn't like the law because of the increased illegal activity our new law will cause new mex. screw em. we'll be fine. the money we save not taking care of illegals will be 10x what these boycotts might do. oh yeah, screw phil gordon too. what a stupid little chump screw obama too. can't believe he's lined up with other countries against a state in the "United States of America". Lark.