Sign in to follow this  
My Rights As An American

James "Jimbo" Lockery

Thanks for the kind words. It seems you never know how much you will miss someone until they are no longer there with you. Hard to answer questions from my 5 and 4 year old daughters about where their Uncle Jimmy is and what happened to him. Just trying to focus on the positive. I still cannot bring myself to listen to his voice in video clips. Almost three and a half years have gone by and still no trial as the public defender has successfully delayed the judge and the trial. It is near impossible for my parents to live their lives with these delays and thousands of dollars in plane tickets that keep getting canceled a day before a hearing because the public defender needs more time for this or that.

Thanks for the kind words. It seems you never know how much you will miss someone until they are no longer there with you. Hard to answer questions from my 5 and 4 year old daughters about where their Uncle Jimmy is and what happened to him. Just trying to focus on the positive. I still cannot bring myself to listen to his voice in video clips. Almost three and a half years have gone by and still no trial as the public defender has successfully delayed the judge and the trial. It is near impossible for my parents to live their lives with these delays and thousands of dollars in plane tickets that keep getting canceled a day before a hearing because the public defender needs more time for this or that.

That really does have to be frustrating. Good luck to you and your family in putting this to rest......

Hey brother. Missed you again this weekend. Four years ago last Friday we lost you to senseless brutality, but you are in our prayers every single night. You know this, because I know that you are watching out over my three kids that you never had the chance to meet. You would have never left our house ever again if you had ever met any of them. They would probably have nicknamed you "Uncle Jungle Jim" after getting to climb all over and play with you.

We used this past weekend to honor you and spend time in the woods with the family. Saw Richie and family and had a great time, but it was still not whole because we were still missing you. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Miss you and love you brother!

I wish there was something I could do to ease the pain other than just comforting you with words. I can't imagine how you live with the loss of your brother day in and day out but then I think of that awesome family you have and I know they are what gets you thru the hard times. You are absolutely right about your brother never leaving the house if he had ever met your adorable children. I know them first hand and I can testify to that. I can just hear them calling him Uncle Jungle Jim. :lol:

What a great way to show the love you have for him with a tribute every year here on cwt. Wish I could have met him. Thoughts and prayers to help you thru this time of year my friend.

TJ

Thanks TJ. The family definitely helps. My now-5 year old has been asking a lot of questions lately about why bad people hurt Uncle Jimmy. Not sure how to answer those questions yet. How do you explain evil or bad to a 5 year old? How do you explain the choices that people make that hurt others? How do you explain murder? I have been trying to dodge the questions because I cannot answer them without welling up.

Few days late, but happy birthday big brother! Kids baked you a birthday cake on your birthday and we sang. Miss you and love you a ton. Girls are growing up way too fast, baby boy is now almost three. Red Sox just won the World Series for the third time in 10 years! It was a fun season to watch. Did not get my first ever turkey yet but I know you are watching over me and trying to make it happen. I know that you are watching over all three kids and that provides a bit of comfort. Left you a beer on your birthday like always.Tried to call again but no answer. Not sure when I will stop trying to hear your voice again, but I sure wish I could at least one more time. Sitting here handing out candy while the kids trick or treat. Sure missed you watching the World Series clincher last night. Wanted to celebrate with you, not the same satisfaction in life as it used to be. Love you and miss you more and more everyday.

• Like 2

I lost my older brother when I was 13,that was 49 years ago.He was working at the Page Springs fish hatchery,and I was supposed to go and stay with him when I got out of school for the summer.It was only 2 weeks away,but it never happened.I wish I could tell you that it will be better,but I would only be lying.Time will help,but I still love and miss him.Trust in your friends,your lord,and your family,and you will see him again.

Thanks for the kind comments from many. I just returned late last night from the second sentencing hearing. Extremely tough to present to a court under these circumstances. after much thought, the judge sentenced the second scumbag to 50 years with 20 suspended. Based on the medical condition of this scumbag murderer, the judge believes this is as close to a death sentence in jail as Alaska offers. May detail it more when I am not so incredibly tired. Thanks for everyone's support. Anchorage weather was not bad, but did come up on head-on collision that we just missed by 90 seconds or so with some people who definitely did not survive the accident. Tough to see 2 yards away.

Today is now 10 years since my brother’s brutal murder but it feels like yesterday. Still waiting for a call to hear him say “hey there little brother”. I can still hear his voice and inflections. I still have his old cell number programmed and scroll through it once in a while and wonder if I should call it just to say something to him or whoever picks up now. Been a difficult 10 years thinking about what I did not learn from him in that time and how much my kids have lost without knowing him. So much lost unnecessarily. 

• Sad 2

Looks like you missed a few years on this post. I hope that means the healing has started. But I know the pain has never been forgotten! I’m truly sorry for your loss and I hope and I know you’ve been able to teach your kids the good stuff. I’ve met you a few times and that’s all it took to know what kind of person you are. I wish you the best bud and if you need anything let me know.

6 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Looks like you missed a few years on this post. I hope that means the healing has started. But I know the pain has never been forgotten! I’m truly sorry for your loss and I hope and I know you’ve been able to teach your kids the good stuff. I’ve met you a few times and that’s all it took to know what kind of person you are. I wish you the best bud and if you need anything let me know.

Thank you. Healing can be a weird word when I think about whether I am on a path of healing or a different path still. I appreciate your kind words and have really enjoyed the couple times we have met. 

2 minutes ago, My Rights As An American said:

Thank you. Healing can be a weird word when I think about whether I am on a path of healing or a different path still. I appreciate your kind words and have really enjoyed the couple times we have met. 

The different path is not the way to go, trust me. The healing path is like an open wound that keeps opening. It will never close but it will heal up enough to deal with. There’s no set time line but I pray you can eventually live with your wound.

• Like 1