Sign in to follow this  
Pine Donkey

Thanks Jim Reynolds

Thank you for a wonderful time my son and i (lex and preston)had a blast.What a great bunch of hunting nuts like myself.We will be at the next one for shure.

Thanks for posting all the pics Chef!! You guys who didn't go sure missed out. Pictures just can't do it justice. Holding sheds with 6-7 inch circumferences is amazing!

Thank you Jim and Susan for hosting the party. You always do a great job and it is wonderful to spend time with you both.

And thanks to all who brought such tastey food! And CRB...sorry I missed seeing your GIANT sheds!! OMG!

Thanks again Jim for opening your home to everyone. I really enjoyed seeing your collection and meeting some new members and catching up with others. I look forward to the next one.

No dought Jim, Thank you very much. Looking forward to next year plus I need to hone up on my foozball game after Sue whipped up on me! Oh thanks for the hat hopefully I can show it off come Dec. thanks again Steve L.

Thanks again Jim and Sue for the hospitality! Your collection just keeps getting better every year, and so does the food. Looking forward to doing it again next year. :D

I want to thank everyone that showed up. I had a BLAST!! Met some members I didn't know. And several who came over last year.

A very special THANK YOU to Texashunter for bringing his secret recipe BBQ, and thanks to everyone else who brought their side dishes!

Thank you Jake "tines" for bringing your monster buck you got last season.

And CRB brought by his monster set of sheds! It was just a dang fine time.

Susan and I would like to thank everyone that showed up for making our anniversary special!!

Good food--Good people!! Thank you Jim

PS. The smaller shed measures 74 and some change.

I was hoping you made it Tony, I was looking forward to meet you. How's your mother doing? I hope she's better.

Ernesto C

Tony, you were a topic of conversation that day.

Actually, it was the shrimp cocktail we were talking about!

Wish you would have made it and I echo Ernesto's well wishes on your Mothers condition.

Ernesto,

My mom had a minor heart attack due to a blocked artery. They did an angioplasty and inserted a stent to keep it open. She came home yesterday and is now doing fine.

Thanks for asking.

Chef,

The pickled shrimp is delicous. I used to make it as an appetizer when I had all the guys here at the house for the annual "Steenkin' Peeg Hunt."

Here's the recipe in case you want to try it.

Pickled Shrimp

3 pounds of cooked, deveined med. shrimp

1 large, thinly sliced onion

1 1/4 cups salad oil

3/4 cup white vinegar

1 1/2 tsp salt

2 1/2 tsp celery seeds

3 Tbsp capers & juice

2 dashes tabasco

1 crushed clove garlic

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Allow to marinate several hours, preferrably overnight. Remove garlic before serving. Serves 12-16.

Tony,

I'm laughing as I type this because my mouth literally started to water as soon as got halfway through the recipe!

That sounds delicious and I love capers!

I will try that recipe and thanks!

That sounds delicious and I love capers!

Me too. ;) I usually put twice the amount the recipe calls for. I also add a few shakes of Old Bay seasoning. In case you're not familiar with it, it's the reddish stuff they use in Maryland to coat the steamed crabs.

One caution: BARELY cook the shrimp! The marinate also "cooks" them, so the shrimp will get tough if you overdo the initial boiling.

Tony,

I can't say that I will wait a year to have some pickled shrimp!

It's good to hear your mother is home. and doing fine.

Sincerely. Jim Reynolds