Sign in to follow this  
tomgobbler

Brother's first bear

My brother was archery deer hunting, and sitting and glassing one of his favorite "bowls" for mule deer when he heard a noise and looked up the hill and a bear come off the ridge trotting/running straight towards him from a couple hundred yards off, this year with the moisture we have had the ferns were 3' tall so just hunkered down and waited. The bear kept coming, and coming... and pretty soon slowed to a walk, at about 10' broad side in front of him, he drew, settled his pin and touched the release, and watched the arrow zip right through the bear just behind the front shoudler. 18 yards latter, the bear piled up still in sight. It was all over beofre he knew what had really happened.

His First bear, and with a bow!

Its better to be lucky then good any day i say :)

these pictures are after he got it back to my house to skin for him, we are going to do a lifesize mount of it.

enjoy

Tommy

post-2728-1283142500.jpg

post-2728-1283142697_thumb.jpg

post-2728-1283143149.jpg

Taking your bear with a bow is a trophy to be proud of. Congratulations and thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

That would be a rush no doubt! Congrats to him!!! JIM>

Nice shot! Great color. Seems to be more color phase bears being taken than block ones this year.