Sign in to follow this  
Hyperwrx

Learn How to Call in an AZ Bear from the Guru

September 9th at 7 PM.

Arizona Predator Callers (Mesa, AZ) will feature Reed Peterson giving a seminar on how to call in bears with a hand call. Reed has spent a lifetime calling bears and has harvested close to 70 bears to date. That's not called in but called in and harvested. Impressive! Admission to this event is free to the public and the last 2 years there has been standing room only as everyone comes to hear him share his stories and tactics. He will do a question and answer session after wards where you can try to pick his brain on the best AZ locations to call.

Location- Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #9 at 1450 East Main Street. The FOP Lodge is on the North side of Main Street between Stapley and Gilbert Road in Mesa, AZ.

Questions- shoot me an email at scott@hyperwrx.com or post in this thread.

All these bears below were taken in AZ.

I heard Reed give such a seminar about 16 years ago at a meeting of the Mesa Varmint Callers, which introduced me into the world of predator caling bears. I highly recommend it. He is a great story teller and excellent orator and has TONS of experience.

I heard Reed give such a seminar about 16 years ago at a meeting of the Mesa Varmint Callers, which introduced me into the world of predator caling bears. I highly recommend it. He is a great story teller and excellent orator and has TONS of experience.

Basically the same venue. Mesa Varmint Callers is now Arizona Predator Callers. Reid is now in his 80's and is one of the legends in predator calling. It will be an evening to remember.

Reed is one of the all time best. Couple of things I have learned over the years came from Reed. Would be a great seminar to attend.

Did anyone end up going to this? I wanted to attend, but couldn't get the time off of work to go. :( A summary would be nice.

Just returned... It was good to hear Reed after 20 years (I think). His seminar was not delivered in a prepared speech format, but rather in question answer format, which which was completely dependent upon audience participation and querry. He did discuss some bear hunting/calling basics, such as food sources, elevations, water access, and stand selection, but it was more interesting to hear about some of his own calling experiences that were interesting and unique. He is indeed the bear guru and is a grandfather of predator calling in our state...especially for bears. I believe he said he was directly responsible for the calling in and tagging of 63 bears and 3 lions. A fun and informational evening!

It was really good! We drove up from Tucson well worth the drive.Man that guy has some great storys! Any question you asked he gave advise and a story to tell about it. He answerd questions for a good 2 and half hours! The club is also very good wish I lived in phx!

He was also one heck of a football coach, and is one heck of a role model for US that had the opportunity to be part of His coaching days. THX COACH.

As I sit here drinking coffe,while waiting on my dove hunting partner to pick me up, I ran across this post on Reed and got all excited. It had been 20 some yrs since I heard him talk about bears and was just wondering the other day if he was still around. Made up my mind I would attend and then seen this post was posted back on Aug. 30th. That bummed me out that I missed it but glad to hear Reed is doing ok. He was the one who inspired me to call in a few bears and it doesn't get any better than that. Also glad some of you got to hear him. :)

TJ

reid peterson went to school from k-12 with my gpa, so we talked with him a while. i was in a discount tire shirt, had just got off work lol

Yep, I saw you come in with the tire pressure gauge stuffed in your shirt! I think I felt more out of place in my wing-tip shoes, slacks, long-sleeve-shirt, and tie! I just got off work from my 5th grade teacher position.

I did record the seminar and am considering transcribing some of his stories and posting them if anyone is interested. I just need to finish my progress reports first.

reid peterson went to school from k-12 with my gpa, so we talked with him a while. i was in a discount tire shirt, had just got off work lol

Yep, I saw you come in with the tire pressure gauge stuffed in your shirt! I think I felt more out of place in my wing-tip shoes, slacks, long-sleeve-shirt, and tie! I just got off work from my 5th grade teacher position.

I did record the seminar and am considering transcribing some of his stories and posting them if anyone is interested. I just need to finish my progress reports first.

I would very interested in this! Heck, ill pay for a copy of the audio if you have the means to copy it.