Str8Shot

Someone lose their Trophy Rock?

Jim, I don't know a lot of guides, just a few, and I don't know you personally. But guide or not, you must be one of the nicest guys around. When I see how you respond to posts from hunters looking for help or looking for information, it is amazing to me how you are so willing to help. As a very successful, dedicated, hard working guide, your humility is appreciated. In that sense, I don't think you are a typical guide. Or for that matter, a typical human being. B)

Even though I may or may not ever need (or be able to afford on a teacher's salary) your guide service, I hope I bump into you some day out in the woods just so I can say hello.

twoguns

It amazes me all the assumptions that fly through the digital data stream of the internet. I think the guy was paid by Obama himself to steal the Trophy rock and camera :o .... It is an individual that is pretty worthless regardless if he is a tree huger, a guide,a weekend hiker, or just Joe hunter. While I do not approve of anyone taking something that does not belong to them, I still find it funny. I am sure it is my personal bias against guys who use bait. Something tells me the guy is putting out a trophy rock to try to get better horn not just a few pictures, so please do not try to defend it as the addiction to just using trail cameras.

IT'S THE GREEDY GUIDES WHO PULL THESE SHANANIGANS, WHO ELSE WOULD DO IT? MAYBE TREEHUGGERS. GUIDES NEED TO RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE'S SPOTS. THEY ARE RUDE AND ACT LIKE THEY OWN THE FOREST. THEY THINK PEOPLE DONT GO WHERE THEY GO BUT WE DO, NOT USING PLANES, ULTRA-LITES AND OTHER B$$LSH$T.

Yeah buddy, yer right on, it's GOTTA be a guide!!! ONLY a GUIDE would do such a thing!!! EVERY GUIDE out there runs down critters with planes or uses quads off road, and THEY ALL think THEY OWN THE WOODS!!! EVERY GUIDE I know is disrespectful of other people's spots and EVERY GUIDE I know is RUDE! GREAT job narrowing it down to who it was, should've known it was a GUIDE!

On a serious note, that's gotta be the most stereotypical post I've ever read on here. I really hope you have a good experience one day with a guide, it sounds as though you haven't. Just please don't lump them all into the same stereotype. JIM>

The guy is a class A clown Jim. Good reply post, nicer than it could've been.

Hey TwoGuns, i really appreciate your very nice sentiments, I too would love to meet ya and chat. Even if ya can't afford a guided hunt I still love to help out any way I can, call me anytime!

I don't make as much money as most guides out there because I am the way I am, but I sleep well at night knowing I didn't take advantage of anyone and I'm not anything like the "GUIDE" that was portrayed earlier in this post.

The one thing I'd like to add to this thread is that there may be a guide or two out there that would fit right into that stereotype portrayed earlier, but there are far more GREAT guides out there! Those great guides are respectful, courteous and selfless. They are the type of folks who love the sport so much they decided to try and scratch a living out of it by helping others enjoy it as much as they do. They don't steal cameras or spots or think they "own the woods". We are lucky here at CWT.com to have a bunch of these GREAT guides as sponsors! I know for a fact that Lance and his crew with Timberland Outfitters as well as Randy and Josh with Rimrock Outfitters are just a few of the guides that i've described here that are respectful, courteous and nothing like the stereotype they were lumped into in that earlier post!

It takes a lot to rile me up, but that one got me...sorry! JIM>

+1 Jim

The guides I know are courteous, respectful, and extremely eager to help people, whether they are clients or not. Lumping all guides into the same category is just as wrong as claiming that all hunters behave the same and hold the same ethics.

The guides are the ones mostly getting their cameras jacked, I think most of us are pretty good about just leaving stuff alone. Wow, not sure that stereotype is really even valid. Must have had a guide help someone kill a buck he saw once and that it was his or something?? Funny rant though!!

And I guess i can't wear shorts anymore when I am scouting... bummer, cause it has been pretty hot this summer in the hills. I did notice a nice drop in night time temps the past week so it is getting bearable.

Yep, Guides are pretty worthless. Just ask the hundreds that I have taught Hunter Ed to over the last 11 years, or the first timers I have taken out and taught how to scout, hunt, field dress & butcher, or the kids & old folks I help out when I run into them in the field (able bodied adults are on their own) or the ladies that attend my classes at Becoming An Outdoor Women workshops. Yep, we are a worthless bunch when all things are considered.........

Hey, CW - what is it you do to help keep the hunting tradition alive?????

i leave my cameras and stuff out in the woods and someone steals them. get a grip. iv'e been seeing this stuff for months. where are the hunters? you guys gotta have help finding game in a new area. then you have to cheat (yes i said cheat) by using cameras and bait. from now on i see a camera and its mine or trash. i see bait, salt blocks or anything and its gone. wimps.

My take - Who gives a ratsa$$ if someone uses cameras or bait when it is not illegal to do so. Wether I think it is right or wrong is not the point. IMO, I nor anyone else has any business telling another person they shouldnt do it. It is up to each individual to determine what they feel is ethical and what tools they need to employ to increase their odds of taking their prey. And no one for dang sure has any business touching someone elses stuff. I was with my brother when we saw this wanted poster and the guy states clearly he has other pictures that shows him taking his stuff. If that is the case and it was me, his face would be everywhere and if I happened to run into the guy he would have can of whoopass about to burst open all over his face no matter if it was a tree-hugger, Stormtrooper, Guide or anyone else for that matter.

Stormtrooper=Those guys on Quads and Rhinos that usually head out into the forest in teams of 4 or more just for a joyride on the backroads. many of you know what I am talking about.

PEOPLE JUST NEED TO LEAVE OTHER PEOPLE"S STUFF ALONE! NUFF SAID?

My take - Who gives a ratsa$$ if someone uses cameras or bait when it is not illegal to do so. Wether I think it is right or wrong is not the point. IMO, I nor anyone else has any business telling another person they shouldnt do it. It is up to each individual to determine what they feel is ethical and what tools they need to employ to increase their odds of taking their prey. And no one for dang sure has any business touching someone elses stuff. I was with my brother when we saw this wanted poster and the guy states clearly he has other pictures that shows him taking his stuff. If that is the case and it was me, his face would be everywhere and if I happened to run into the guy he would have can of whoopass about to burst open all over his face no matter if it was a tree-hugger, Stormtrooper, Guide or anyone else for that matter.

Stormtrooper=Those guys on Quads and Rhinos that usually head out into the forest in teams of 4 or more just for a joyride on the backroads. many of you know what I am talking about.

Well said! +1

Well said! +1

+1

i leave my cameras and stuff out in the woods and someone steals them. get a grip. iv'e been seeing this stuff for months. where are the hunters? you guys gotta have help finding game in a new area. then you have to cheat (yes i said cheat) by using cameras and bait. from now on i see a camera and its mine or trash. i see bait, salt blocks or anything and its gone. wimps.

Seriously???? Do you even read what you type before you post?!?!

I bet you don't use binoculars or even a scope, right??? Cause if you do you're a cheater too. I hope you don't ever hunt anywhere near water, because that is bait. Great first post. BTW, I hope somebody catches you taking or "trashing" their cam and whoops your arse ;) .

Hope you can sleep well at night knowing that you steal other people's stuff and don't think it's wrong.

Come to think of it....Maybe it was you that stole my blind a couple weeks ago??? :ph34r: hmmmmm.... lol