CouesWhitetail

Check out this MONSTER buck!

Guys I would like to weigh in on this fun post but before I do I would like to say thanks to Amanda for posting and great job to Steven Ward of Ward's Outfitters for getting such great video. Steven sure does find and help his clients harvest some giant bucks.

I am not sure if I completely agree with some of the high numbers on this buck but I could be way off the mark on this one.

Here is what I get and tell me where I am completely off and by the way I would lay down and have already have shot this buck if I saw him. Who cares what he scores he is a fantastic buck.

Left Side- 2, 6 4/8, 5, 16 4/8MB, 13 Mass=43"

Right Side- 2 4/8, 6 4/8, 4 4/8, 16 4/8MB, 13 Mass=43" + 13 inches of extra on extra beam and point=56"

Inside Spread 13

43+56+13=112 Gross

If I look at just the mainframe of the deer, he would not be more than about 100 inches. Where am I way off on this one?

Again great job to Steven Ward of Wards Outfitter's! Keep the videos coming and knock em' dead

Guys I would like to weigh in on this fun post but before I do I would like to say thanks to Amanda for posting and great job to Steven Ward of Ward's Outfitters for getting such great video. Steven sure does find and help his clients harvest some giant bucks.

I am not sure if I completely agree with some of the high numbers on this buck but I could be way off the mark on this one.

Here is what I get and tell me where I am completely off and by the way I would lay down and have already have shot this buck if I saw him. Who cares what he scores he is a fantastic buck.

Left Side- 2, 6 4/8, 5, 16 4/8MB, 13 Mass=43"

Right Side- 2 4/8, 6 4/8, 4 4/8, 16 4/8MB, 13 Mass=43" + 13 inches of extra on extra beam and point=56"

Inside Spread 13

43+56+13=112 Gross

If I look at just the mainframe of the deer, he would not be more than about 100 inches. Where am I way off on this one?

Again great job to Steven Ward of Wards Outfitter's! Keep the videos coming and knock em' dead

I was thinking like you Jay, the scores seemed high, but compared to your guesses, I gave him a 105 main frame, I felt the beams mass and width were a little more than you gave em', and a little more on the abnormals. Who knows, hopefully we'll find out so we can all learn from it! And definitely, great job to Steven Ward, I hope you get your hands on em'!! JIM>

I'm still having trouble scoring this buck. How would one measure the 1st mass measurement be on his right side? Would the base of the extra beam be included in this measurement or is it separate from the other beam? I can't see a distinction between the two and it looks like one big ol M1 measurement for the right side.

+1 jay,

when i looked at him 1st i was thinken 112-115, im gonna say 112 1/8 now and 116 6/8 hard hard horned! Awesome buck, good luck on getten a tag on him!

Ok here is what I come up with. I really haven't had time to look him over much from the video , I have been watching this buck for over a month now and most of the time I stay at least 1000 yards away , I decided it was time to get some video and snuck into 200 yards. The past three days I have been watching him from about 400 yards. Sometimes video can be deceptive , and make them look smaller because you don't have the full body to compare antlers with. Keep in mind that this bucks body size is about 20#'s larger than all the other bucks I have seen in the area.

LEFT 17.5, 2.4, 6.7 ,5.0, 4.4 ,4.0 ,4.2 ,4.6,==49.4

RIGHT 16.3, 3.2 ,5.4 ,4.4, 5.2, 3.6, 3.4 ,3.2==45.3

ABNORMAL-1= 4.0,

ABNORMAL -2=4.0

ABMORMAL-3=13

TOTAL ABNORMAL ==21.0

SPREAD=13.0

TOTAL GROSS SCORE =128.7

1). now he scores 119 2/8

2). killed/down scores 127 2/8

:P i'm gunna win :P :P :rolleyes: lol

I dont know who would shoot a buck like that this early in the season I would at least wait till the last day or two of the season.LMAO

I would say 117.2 right now and he will be 121.7 when he is killed

SHOW ME THE MONEY YA BABY

Alight... here is what I have... and I guessed in my mind (Was very close) then sat and put a pencil to it.... And I am known for being conservative..... ;)

Here is what I've got:

Typ right side............44 2/8"

Typ left side..............46"

Extra Beam+points....17 4/8"

Spread.....................13 2/8

Total........................121"........as he is in the video.

Probably be with in an inch after he is hard horned, cuz of the balled up points should grow enough to off set the velvet...IMO.

This buck is Not less than a High One-Teens buck with all the Extra... Extas of that proportion add up quick on Coues...Really quick! ;)

Awesome Buck! Steven, I hope you guys Ground Check him!!! Lets find out!!!! ;)

I'm no pro at coues by anymeans but I'll throw out a guess of 127 gross. The extra main beam will add a bit I think to both the mass measurement on his right side as well as the extra inches of growth it adds. It did take some growth away from that side, but I still think he'll gross pretty high. I have a bad habit of underestimating deer, so I upped my guess a few inches to compensate... B)

One things for sure, if I saw this buck while hunting I wouldn't be doing any math other than "How far is he??"