Sign in to follow this  
HeathH

my first deer with a bow

post-3604-1283624010_thumb.jpg[]post-3604-1283624135_thumb.jpgwell it took me 14 years but finally got my first deer with a bow i have taken several other animals with it but never could get a deer i had been sitting in a tree stand for 3 1/2 days with only seeing a doe so after another half day in the stand i hade to go to the bathroom so i headed out got to the truck and left for the outhouse got there and no toiletpaper so back to the truck and start it up look to my left and there was a deer i looked through my binos and it was a buck got my range finder out 52 yards i new i could make the shot so i grab my release put it on and grab my bow step out of my truck and knok an arrow drew back and shot the shot was a little far back as the buck moved a little when i shot i went back to camp made a few phone calls giving the buck 2 hours before i started to track him no blood at all after 30 yards no more tracks i started to make a big loop when i came around a tree there he was one more well placed shot and he was done hes not the biggest but i proud as heck of him

post-3604-1283624063_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1283624090_thumb.jpg

Congrats! Real nice velvet coues! Looks like you put in your time and were definetely rewarded!

AzP&Y

After 14yrs. it must feel pretty darn good. Congratulations on your first and thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Congrats! Sounds like you put in alot of time for a great reward. And size dosent matter when it all comes down to it, just getting outdoors is good enough.

That's cool. Congrats on finally getting one with your bow. You should be proud of it because anything you take is a trophy in some way shape or form. At least in my mind they all are. Now you just have to wait until January again.