Sign in to follow this  
boomsaki

Unit 33 suggestions

all kidding aside, the road on the backside of Mt. Lemmon will be worse than 5:00 rush hour traffic. quads, quads and more quads. jeeps,trucks and of course the weekend recreationist. A serious hunter should consider the overlooked Rincons Mts. Happy Valley, canyons on the San Pedro Valley side are all very good. Good luck.

all kidding aside, the road on the backside of Mt. Lemmon will be worse than 5:00 rush hour traffic. quads, quads and more quads. jeeps,trucks and of course the weekend recreationist. A serious hunter should consider the overlooked Rincons Mts. Happy Valley, canyons on the San Pedro Valley side are all very good. Good luck.

I don't think the Rincons, Happy Valley and San Pedro areas get overlooked anymore. I spent the last two years hunting in there and I saw a lot of people in these areas.

Yeah there are tons of people in the Reddington area When i was there this weekend there where people comming and going all Day long on the road. also its a OHV area so lots of quads and shooters out there too..

im sick of people coming on here asking for spots. dont put in for an area you are not willing to scout. scoutig is the most impoerant part of hunting besides luck.Help in 33 findin whitwtail, honestly 33 has a super high density of deer. LOOK ON THE GAME AND FISH UNIT OVERBIEW AND SPEND ONE DAY IN THESE RECOMMENDED AREAS AND YOU WILL FIND DEER. Stop being lazy!

im sick of people coming on here asking for spots. dont put in for an area you are not willing to scout. scoutig is the most impoerant part of hunting besides luck.Help in 33 findin whitwtail, honestly 33 has a super high density of deer. LOOK ON THE GAME AND FISH UNIT OVERBIEW AND SPEND ONE DAY IN THESE RECOMMENDED AREAS AND YOU WILL FIND DEER. Stop being lazy!

+1

+1

+2

I have scoutted this area I also have a tag for the Oct-22 hunt. I have been out 5 times and Sunda will make 6, the only thing that I find bothering me is that I dont see alot of people out scoutting. I have my area Picked out but sure hope I dont get ambushed while im out... I have been Hiking in 3-4 miles,but with all the talk about over hunting im starting to worry. This is my 1st hunt in the area and I have done alot of driving and hiking so far. PM me with your thoughs on the true amount of hunters in the area. I will tell you where im going to start but would like to here from so people Who have hunted this Unit for awhile. Sorry for the long post, Also im not looking for you honey holes I will find my own just want to really here about the amount of road hunters back packers ETC,ETC that way i can know if my game plan is going to work.. Thank you. Dave...

Just stick to your game plan, regardless of what unit you're hunting and you should be successful. And yes, 33 is over-hunted.

+1

+2

Yeah this is just a brag board for people to post pictures of 100+ inch deer....and a place for people to complain that their trail cam get messed with....do not ask for help! :blink:

I was thinkng the same thing. I dont think people should give out there spots but tips and info in genral on a unit is not bad... Im a diesel Mech and on 1 of the bigger fourms Im always helping people...

+1

I understand that I'm out there all the time But have you ever looked at the unit on the map.... there are tons and tons of places you could go. and when People who hunt that unit all there lives have not seen all of that country .That said some places are full of hunters where some are not and the guys who hunt there all the time dont go scout so you dont get a idea of how busy the place is going to be. You could find a Prime spot that you think noone is going to be only to find it hunted out on opening Morning. So General hunt info on a Unit is not a big deal...

Let's be reasonable and friendly, please!

"I've never hunted this unit, can you give me some idea" does not necessarily mean that this dude wants to know all the scouting secrets...the answers can be generalized and listed, for example, like:

-Yes there is deer...or not much of it.

-It is hard terrain, steep hills, colder climate.

-Bad visibility..

-Too much private land...

-Watch for human danger (as in 36B)...

-Etc...etc...Anything else you can think of...

..and yes, after all the information, if he needs to find deer he should work for it:)

Best,

Ace

I was one to share my "secret" spot with many people, until I got burned. I took a person to my favorite quail spot on opening day a couple years ago and we did very well. The following week I was unable to go so my friend took 6 or 7 guys from work that he told how well we did. Those guys also shared the news and by the 4th weekend when I got out there there were more hunters from this group out there and no birds to be found. I bet I'm not the only one this has happened to. Now if you want general information on where deer are found, the regs provide a lot of info or you can contact Game and Fish or even attend a clinic, or get an answer like Ace High Benny listed, but sending an army of people into someone's "secret" spot is pretty bad form in my opinion. Ask yourself why professional guides do not like to guide Resident hunters on over the counter hunts? Some dont mind but a few I know don't put them in their best spots. That being said, it is public land and it will continue to happen.

i have the oct 32 hunt i'll b at the hendrickson ranch up on the switch back. stop by and say hey. love all the censorship requests

Bellota, you can do whatever you want - but the PM tool has been almost exclusively used for instances like your willingness to advise on locations. No one is criticizing your willingness to help others be successful - we are all for it. But you obviously are not paying attention to how many e-scouters come on here looking for tips because they don't want to do the work. Look at the bottom of the screen and you can see from time to time that there are guests who are reading this post who are not registered and they are just skimming for tips on where to go. Amanda could probably give us some stats on how many skimmers come onto the forum.

If they don't take the time to scout - they probably don't take the time to know the rules - they probably don't take the time to be courteous to other hunters - they probably don't take the time to practice shooting and they are probably not the kind or type of hunter I want slinging bullets in my area. :angry:

That said...it is a free country.

i have the oct 32 hunt i'll b at the hendrickson ranch up on the switch back. stop by and say hey. love all the censorship requests

Bellota, you can do whatever you want - but the PM tool has been almost exclusively used for instances like your willingness to advise on locations. No one is criticizing your willingness to help others be successful - we are all for it. But you obviously are not paying attention to how many e-scouters come on here looking for tips because they don't want to do the work. Look at the bottom of the screen and you can see from time to time that there are guests who are reading this post who are not registered and they are just skimming for tips on where to go. Amanda could probably give us some stats on how many skimmers come onto the forum.

If they don't take the time to scout - they probably don't take the time to know the rules - they probably don't take the time to be courteous to other hunters - they probably don't take the time to practice shooting and they are probably not the kind or type of hunter I want slinging bullets in my area. :angry:

This topic has been viewed over 2000 times (one can see the number "views" from the main Rifle Hunting Screen". Maybe all 475 tag holders have viewed this topic....with the access issues in 32....maybe all will stop by and say hey to Bellota!

This topic has been viewed over 2000 times (one can see the number "views" from the main Rifle Hunting Screen". Maybe all 475 tag holders have viewed this topic....with the access issues in 32....maybe all will stop by and say hey to Bellota!

2000 views because of all the sobbing. piety is a tiny hill 10 minutes to climb it, it has a 3 lane freeway at the foot. if e scouters saw that they would say i have drove past that hill and not thought twice but when the sobbing started then ....well 2000 views. then you got premier members starting newbie pofiles to chime in and raise a fuss anonymously... i think its hilarious. lots of land in hendricksons too, no matter how many are there i still have confidence in my abilities to get way the heck out and up, stick the binos to my face, find these deer and make a good stalk/shot. i promise to use the im from now on guys n gals didnt mean to piss in ur cherios