Sign in to follow this  
bstpeter

I-17 was busy on Monday afternoon

Got into a few snags coming home from north of Clints Well...finally got to see what was holding us up. Looks like the trailer saved the truck from going much further. Everyone needs to lay off the tail gating a bit some people are just out of control. Not sure how it happened but looked like everyone walked away even the horses.

post-4547-1283872945_thumb.jpg

Salt River was worse with a turned over 18 wheeler at the bottom of the canyon. Was down to one lane. I would bet they worked well into the night on that cleanup.

@Rag Horn I was backed up probably 1.5hrs but seemed longer with a one year old crying in the back and a 4.5yr old kicking the back of your seat! Yahoo.

Now who parks their horse trailer that close to the Highway. :ph34r:

Kind of glad I stayed home cleaning the garage and catching up on chores this weekend. (only kind of :lol: )

There were several incidents on the 17 yesterday. the back up started with a car fire there by Sunset Point. The horse deal happened just shortly after the car fire cleared up. I was rolling by the horse trailer when the Highway patrol showed up there.

It was a long afternoon drive from up North.

That had to have been a heck of a ride! Looks like he missed most of the large rocks though.

we had hoped to get a jump on traffic - comin down from ashfork- lots of people with the same idea - we left like at 930 am- -89 south busy and a line of traffic mile long -no chance to pass - always a mobile home with trailer slowin things up. clear all the way to cordes junction - This was the first time in 30 some yrs - we came to a full stop at the on ramp- bumper to bumper as far as the eye could see both ways on the south bound - slow and go - brakin on and off all the way to sunset - cleared for a while but traffic slowed to a stop agin around table mesa-- I told my wife - NEVER EVER goin out of town on a holiday agin unless we can stay a day later - we didn't see any wrecks - thank goodness made it home by 1

FirstGirl was here Monday afternoon and her boyfriend was texting her. (headed East)

Last I heard he said traffic was crawling all the from Payson to Christopher Creek.

She add to leave then but may have been further.

Glad I spent the weekend cleaning also.

I dont go out drinking on News Years

or go camping on Holidays.