125coues

finally

Last year I asked a question on this site," If you were to buy a custom built rifle which one would you buy and who builds the best rifle on the market . What I found out was that all the custom rifle companys are good, they all produce a good product, but I also had some people say it is better to build your own . The most asked questions to me was how much do you want to spend and what kind of yardage would you like to shoot ? My answer was to stay under $4500.00 and I did not want to shoot more than 800yds. I also decided I did not want to build one that needed a muzzle brake, to much kick and to loud. So I decided on building a custom 308 win.

Well after more than one year later here it is, my new custom built 308win.

I would personally like to thank 308nut for all his help and advise on building this rifle, without all his knowledge I would still be figuring it all out.

post-1911-1284870962_thumb.jpg

Work was done by George Liechty at Precision Shooting Sports, great guy to do business with .

308win

H.S. Presision stock bedded

Nightforce 5.5-22x50 scope w NF 20moa 1piece base bedded

Lija barrel fluted with 11to1 twist, 26in long

Jewel trigger set at 1lb pull

trued 700 rem action

wieghs in fully loaded at 11lbs

Nice rig! One year is a long time to wait it out! ;) Looks sharp

Mark, that is one awesome rifle. I hope it performs to your satisfaction. I still can't imagine shooting over 20yrds. :)

TJ

trued 700 rem action how much did you pay for just for that looking to do the same

nice set up

bought a rem 700 with the stock and the gunsmith did all the work, give George a call and he can give you a price for the job. I also talked to the guys at Mcmillan and they had some they had already worked on , they were selling them at that time (last year)for $400.00.Do not know if they still have any ,but it is worth a phone call to see if they still have any for sale.

You made a great choice. A well set up .308 will do amazing things. I was shocked when I learned the kind of velocity 308nut was getting out of that cartridge with his custom 26 inch barrell. I personally downed a WT at 500 yards even with that sucker last year. ;)

Mark,

If she shoots as good as she looks, you should be pretty happy. I am glad George got her back to you in a fairly timely fashion.

PLEASE let us know how she shoots.