Sign in to follow this  
cramerhunts

Great Time of Year...

I got to spend some time up north helping out a buddy try and fill his archery tag. Rut had camp all set up and ready to go by the time I got there so all we had to do was find a bull that our friend would like to go after. Two days before the hunt we found a really good bull and the bar was set, unfortunately that would mean that a lot of great bulls would get passed up. Even though we had some really close calls we just didn't have any luck getting in close on the big guy. Due to work I had to come home early this week and wouldn't you know it the day I left they closed the gap on a great bull and even got a shot, a missed shot but a shot none the less. With setting the bar as high as we did on this hunt what happened is just the way it works out more times then not when trophy hunting and it's tag soup for our buddy. There is no regrets and nothing left on the table.....just some great memories and the hopes of a tag for one of us next year. Got to love spending time in the woods with the elk and enjoying the awesome company of friends. I have a ton of video that I'll be editing for quite some time but I thought I would post up some clips of a few of the bulls we passed up.

DG Bull

CC Bull

LB Bull

H Mud Baby.

Great video's, looks like you all had a great time in Elk county.

If you don't mind sending me a Pm about what set up you have for your camera. I'm getting into filming alot of our hunts and am in the market for a great all purpose hunting video camera, Thanks.

-Ryan

I know you guys had a great time up there Phil!

I don't know if I could pass up some of the bulls your bud did on this hunt.

I was hoping for the best last night.

Great vids, you guys sure know how to get up on em.

Great video's, looks like you all had a great time in Elk county.

If you don't mind sending me a Pm about what set up you have for your camera. I'm getting into filming alot of our hunts and am in the market for a great all purpose hunting video camera, Thanks.

-Ryan

PM sent.

You guys passed up some good lookin bulls, I would like to see the one you guys were after. Great vids thanks for sharing

Here is one of the bulls we were after. The quality of the video is poor due to the distance and also the angle of the sun, but you should get the picture.

High Tops

After watching all of the videos( impressive indeed) I can see why you were passing with a bull like High Tops around!!

Great videos!! I am truly envious!