Condor

Accurizing a Weatherby Vanguard

Ok so my sling stud fell out and I think im going to put a timney trigger and Bell and carson stock on my vanguard but I was wondering are there any other things I can do to accurize my rifle? And are these stocks worth the money?

Thanks

Connor

I have a Weatherby Vangard 300 mag but a co-worker adjusted the pull on my trigger and handloaded some ammo for me and it took mine from about a 3 inch group down to an inch group...

Best way to acurize it...

Reload for it... If youre not set up to do so, I know how to make .257 wby's shoot (my main deer rifle is a .257) and I can develop and load for you if you like.

I vote trigger work, bed the stock and see what that gets you. If you want better go with reloading to fine tune. I'd look into Casey's setup for what you could get out of that round, all joking aside from above post.

mine is shooting .732 inch groups at a hundred so i might just put a trigger on mine

With .732" groups how much more accuracy are you trying to get out of it? I would ask what's the cost going to be to get another .25" out of it and will it really be worth it?

I know how to make .257 wby's shoot

At coues deer? :D

Yes at coues deer.... Recall something like a 571 yard shot two years ago with it?!

I was in the same exact situation as you; I've got a 25-06. The Vanguard triggers are horrible; absolutely horrible. I put a Timney Trigger on mine about two weeks ago and don't regret it one bit. They are awesome triggers and will enhance your groups altogether.

They are really accurate rifles as is, but to do any long distance shooting with confidence, you really need a better trigger. Good luck.