Guest Ernesto C

What will you aim for?

Guest Ernesto C

With the seasons here now,what will you try to harvest? Strictly a B & C buck or size will not matter?

I hope to harvest this season a 100 inch or better. God bless all of you on your hunts.Thanks.

Ernesto C

Always whatch that muzzle

My goal is a forky or bigger since I have never tagged a buck. I will hunt for a 3x3 or better the first weekend though then forky from then on out.

I'm gonna aim for the top of the heart.............of that 125 incher with stickers and corkscrew droppers. Wouldn't that be nice to see in the crosshairs?

But realistically, anything over 100" will be seriously considered as wall and BBQ enhancement.

RR

My first priority is getting my son a buck, it will be up to him if it is big enough. Then I will hunt for 100" or better until the last day...............then who knows.

I know they are in there, I've been seeing them all year :huh:

Liek most people on here I hope to shoot a 100" buck or better, but as long as it is not a spike its on!!! I actually would like to get a deer with alot of mass and dark color to his antlers, regardless of points or score.

I will be going for 100 inch or better. But a couple years ago I held out for that and came home empty handed. I want some meat in the freezer, so if I can't find a big boy, I will shoot a smaller one.

I would really love to get a non-typical buck, so anything unusual looking might get me to pull the trigger.

Amanda

I am planning for my Dec Hunt, and right now I think I am going to hold out for a nice buck! 100" is nice but one with big body and antler character.

For many of us, the 100 inchers should be achieved this year with all the early success due to the large rainfall this year.

Here's hoping you all get about 10 inches more antler than you wanted.

90 inches or better for. Freezer is already full of mule deer so meat isn't an issue. I'd like to hold out for bigger but also trying to be realistic :huh:

Spikes are legal right? I'll be aiming right behind the shoulder of the first spike I see. Though I told my wife I will let her have first shot. I hope she is faster than me. I have a tough time waiting once I see the critter.

Watch.....I'll shoot the biggest one. Though it will have to be the first buck. You won't hear me telling any stories about passing on a bunch of bucks.

Later,

recurveman

I'm a meat guy and have yet to bag an AZ deer of either species. I'd rather not shoot a spike (just cause they look goofy) but anything else will work for me. 24B Muley tag for November, and hopefully an Archery Coues in January (right, desertbull??)

Hopefully this will be my "Arizona Break Out " year - bull elk, mule deer, javelina, Coues, bear and turkey.. woo hoooooooooooooo :huh:

I'm a meat guy and have yet to bag an AZ deer of either species. I'd rather not shoot a spike (just cause they look goofy) but anything else will work for me. 24B Muley tag for November, and hopefully an Archery Coues in January (right, desertbull??)

Hopefully this will be my "Arizona Break Out " year - bull elk, mule deer, javelina, Coues, bear and turkey.. woo hoooooooooooooo  :huh:

Nothing but Boone and Crokett for me!!! I've killed many Coues and am holding out for a real wall hanger. Situation has never been better with all the rain and vegetation to eat. The trail cam tells me they are out there!!! Will be patient and glass, glass and glass some more. If I can't find a Booner this weekend, there's always the rut in Dec. Good luck to everybody and have a safe hunt

hey retlaw280 lets see some of these coues that you have taken I would love to see them. Seriously how many have you taken like 10 or so?

i am hoping to find a 3x3 for me and i hope my dad will actually squueze the trigger! i have a new rifle this year and i really want to see what this baby can do! i didnt kill last year, and i didnt kill an elk this year so the freezer is BARE!!!! it will be hard for me to pass on a forky at 400 or less. i would like to get a 3x3 or a big forky. like i said, i will not be too picky. i only have 4 days to hunt so the first 2 i might not be in a hurrry, but the last 2 it is on! led the lead fly!

good luck to everyone!

It's going to be a 170 or better the first few days, no use holding out for something smaller. By the second weekend it will just have to look good in the crossairs. I'll be hunting mule deer...LOL. Good luck to everybody, hope to see some toads come out!