Sign in to follow this  
Jackal

Lost my best friend

Today I just took my best friend in to be laid to rest. He's been with me for almost seven years. I didn't want to see him suffer anymore.

DSCN0239-1.jpg

It is a very hard thing to do, but surely the right thing to help end your dogs suffering. Remember all the good times you had with him, and when you are ready, remember there is always a dog at the local shelter waiting to give unconditional love to a new family.

What a great looking dog you have man--he will always be with you so don't forget to say hello to him from time to time. Believe me they never leave you.

Take time to reflect on all the fun times you two have and it will help you get through the pain.

its always tough loosing a good dog. good times will always be remembered though. sorry for your loss.

Sorry Jackal it sucks to lose a great friend...

Sorry to hear you had to put him down. Some people think they're just animals and don't understand but to us who have owned dogs know they are much more than that. They are our family. Their unconditional love for us is just amazing. My prayers are with you and remembering all the fun you had together will help ease the pain of your loss and help heal your heart with each passing day.

TJ

My condolences.

I can relate to your loss really, really well since my Lab suddenly died in the middle of the night a few weeks ago. It's tough dealing with it at first, but it will become somewhat easier as time passes.

Sorry for the loss, now you can get a Germann Short Hair Pointer to replace him/her. Great dogs.