coueshunter

Kaibab

Congrats to you Hector, like I said to Allen, wish I wouldve ran into you up there. Both your bucks are great, maybe I can talk Bryce into posting his buck in CWT.com.

Congrats to you Hector, like I said to Allen, wish I wouldve ran into you up there. Both your bucks are great, maybe I can talk Bryce into posting his buck in CWT.com.

Please do!

It was great meeting him up there and he tagged a stud of a buck.

I know he took some awesome pictures too.

Bryce is "IdahoBugler" on many forums and Stan was up there helping him out at the beginning of the hunt.

I was fortunate enough to meet up with Bryce and his Dad later on. Unfortunately after Stan had left.

Hector and Allen, congrats to both of you on taking great bucks. You know it was driving me crazy sitting down here wondering what was going on up there.

By the way, Chef mentioned my "pack fiasco". The story: We had just come out of the woods and I was being real careful with Duwane's Huskemaw gun/scope so i took my pack off the front seat, set it on the ground by the truck and was putting the gun back in its case. Duwane sees some deer crossing the road so I grab the gun back out of its case and move towards the road to see. Duwane says he thinks there was a buck, "jump in the truck and we will drive up and look" we jump in the truck, drive up there and cant see them. They went down into the timber. We do a u turn and head on back to camp. Once we get there, I am tired/hungry/sleepy and want to get my junk out of the truck so I reach in the back seat "no pack". I ask Luke, where is my pack, I think he is screwing with me. He says he isnt and i get this sinking feeling...................I have left my pack alongside where we were up on top, someone has already taken it. What do I tell my wife? How do I get another tag? Tomorrow is Sunday, no AZGFD office will be open. Man was I bumming.......We jump back in the truck and head on up. We get to the spot and luckily dont drive in and risk running over it if its still there. I walk over with my headlight and find it.......WOW......what a relief... I had Swarovski 15's, 10's a Leica range finder, my Kaibab tag and lots of other stuff in there. It would have been a nightmare. I thank God that he led me back to my pack. Thats the rest of the st ory. I woke up the next morning, pack in hand and Killed my buck...................................Allen.........

great story Allen!! especially this part "I woke up the next morning, pack in hand and Killed my buck" :lol:

Well guys I just got around to reading your story. What an awesome adventure you guys had. Great pics and awesome bucks to go along with the stories. I too was lucky enough to hunt up with these boys. I was joined by Stan (AZ402) and my dad. Stan really had a huge impact on my success by taking time out of his busy schedule to join me for half the hunt. I was also lucky enough to keep in touch and finally meet chef. Another class act and always made sure we had everything we needed. I can't thank you fellas enough but hope to one day repay you down the road.

Here is the short and sweet version of my hunt. After passing a ton of bucks, on the second to last day I found one I felt would do the trick. I knew he wasn't that 200" buck that I had dreams of but with only a day left and an expected storm coming I figured he was plenty big enough. I was able to make a 485 shot on this buck. Even with the short G2's this buck scored just under 190".

post-5141-1293123701_thumb.jpg

post-5141-1293123765_thumb.jpg

Bryce!

Thanks for posting up and welcome to the forum!

That sure is a stud of a buck and you absolutely put in the whole effort and passed up a lot of bucks.

It was great meeting you up there along with your dad. I wish I could have caught up with Stan as well.

Hope you get to hunt these coues deer next! They are addicting!

That buck is awesome Bryce, wish I could've stuck around long enough to see him drop. Congrats again to all you guys.......

Bryce, congrats on an excellent buck. But I was looking forward to a picture of you doing a handstand or something like that after hunting with Moosie.

Another beautiful buck! Congratulations IdahoBugler on a dandy buck and welcome to the forum.

Congrats on a great buck!!!

In 2007 on the Kaibab I picked up an antler with a lot of the same characteristics as your buck. Mine's got a few more/longer stickers, but the frame is very similar. Maybe from the same gene pool as your buck?

post-25-1293162129.jpg

Very interesting on the shed TAM.

This year, one of Duwane Adam's clients took a buck that looked very much

like Bryce's except it had kickers much like the antler you posted.

I'm sure there is a gene out there that is represented in these pics.