Sign in to follow this  
BeardownAZ

Unit 1 Late Bull

Heres my elk shot on the opening morning at 106 yards around 10 am-not a huge monster but a tag filled. I would definetly like to do this all the time, more so than deer even, just need to get drawn more often or at all :P ! Lot of fun hunting in the pines!!

post-3797-1291238465_thumb.jpg

Way to go! Congrats. My 1st bull was a spike in 6A almost 20 years ago. I remember it like yesterday. You will have good memories of your bull.

great first bull, its plenty big to fill the freezer.By chance did i talk to you at the escadilla cabins, I was staying ther and the guys in cabin 1 shot a 5 point and they were from the safford area thought it might be you.

mark

thanks for the comments. I really didnt know what to expect for the Late hunt. Still really dont, it was over so quick :P . I hear alot people say they see them right by the road and alot of people glassing and walking all over and not seeing much and vice versa. So I guess you never know. Just like any animal you hunt. Walked a good bit that morning and saw tons of sign but no elk. Seen 15 or so elk with like 5 bulls driving in to the area we walked but it was to dark to get them in the scope, trust me I tried. They ran off, we tried to come around and get on them but could never find them. Its funny, you can walk, glass, etc and see nothing or no horns, Drive down the road and see all kinds just standing there :huh: !

mje1, yeah that was us! Small world-especially in AZ huh!! Any luck for you guys??

Yeah my brother inlaw finally connected on a small 5point on tuesday which was also his first Elk and his two hunting partners also got there first Elk.

Mark