Heat

AZ Desert Bighorn Ram

Hi Everyone,

As many of you know, I was one of the luckiest hunters in Arizona this year. Not only did I get to participate in a great turkey hunt this year, I was drawn for pronghorn and desert bighorn sheep. I fulfilled my lifetime bag limit on desert bighorn sheep in Arizona on Wednesday December 1st, 2010. I shot my ram at 9:30 in the morning on the first day of the season. I could not be more proud of the rare accomplishment. One of the best parts of my hunt was that I was able to share the experience with many of my closest friends around. Most of them got to see me harvest the ram. I made a 500 yard stalk and a 94 yard shot with my .270. He was hit good on the first one, but I put a finishing shot into the ram to keep him from tumbling down the mountain any more.

I really want to thank everyone who contributed to this success. This truly was a team effort, not only from the guys there at the mountain, but the ones on other hunts and other places far away who helped me throughout this process. I could not have accomplished this without all the encouragement and information that was shared with me all fall. Thank you all so much.

My ram was aged by the Game and Fish Department as 9 years old. His horns scored 158" gross and 157 4/8" net. For a DIY ram I don't think anyone could complain. I am super proud of him and he is by far my greatest wildlife trophy.

Nick

post-2759-1291572908_thumb.jpg

post-2759-1291573009_thumb.jpg

post-2759-1291573045_thumb.jpg

Beautiful Ram! Huge congrats. There has been some really good Rams taken in AZ this season, yours is no exception!!

Nick! WOW! All I can say is I am jealous! Great job and good work, you deserve it!

Lance

Congrats!! Awesome Ram. I hope I get to go someday. How many bonus points did it finally take to draw the tag?

Congratulations on your success.

Spending it with close friends and family is what its all about!

Very Nice.