Sign in to follow this  
BeardownAZ

Ideal camo

Been thinking of getting some additional articles of camo this coming year. Is there any kind any of you like specifically. How about one you use for calling predators but have used on other animals like deer, elk etc? Like a one size fits all type that seems to work every where without spending a mint trying to match every terrain.

predator! that stuff works like a charm! called many predators within a couple feet, turkeys within 10 yards, i dont think what the pattern looks like its just how well your outline is broken up. that small intricate pattern stuff makes you look like a dark blob at a distance, this bigger patterns tuff breaks your outline up way better

I'll have to pull my clothes out and check but mine are the Realtree Hardwoods I believe?? It has alot of brown but some green as well. I like the ones that have some green but not a ton. It seems alot of the stuff designed for back East hunting actually blends in out here pretty decent. Better than I would of thought when I saw it out here in the field. I am leaning toward the Realtree Hardwoods APG. Seems to have some good tan,green and brown mixtures.

I have been using Predator camo since 1996 with great success. You can use it in any type of terrain up close or at a distance. Check out this video from my elk hunt. At the end of the video you can see that the bull doesn't see me or my camera man. David

I use and love king's desert shadow, and I never had an issue with it.

I have all types of camo. Which one I wear depends on where or what type of terrain I'll be hunting.

Ernesto C

i use simple army digital desert camo!!! And yet havent had a yote see me.... Best thing is there are so many people who spend countless money $$$$ on camo when really you only have to spend 20-30 bucks for army digital desert camo and have some of the best camo out there.... In fact i went calling this weekend and had 2 coyotes come 5 yards from me!!!!!! They had no idea i was there? When i was using my Coaxer call they were looking for the dying rabbit all over the place and had not the slightest clue i was right in front of them... i ended up killing a 37 pound female with a beautiful pelt. Anyways you should get some Army digital desert camo, you wont go wrong with that....

I would love to get myself some King's.... but right now I will have to go on the cheap and just use what's issued to me at work. We started using the new MultiCam by Tyre Industries a couple of deployments ago and it works great. I have used it in NC, AZ, and Afghanistan.

Predator, ASAT and Cabela's Outfitter in microtex. I've had some of the Cabela's microtex stuff for 10 years and still has not faded.

Predator, ASAT and Cabela's Outfitter in microtex. I've had some of the Cabela's microtex stuff for 10 years and still has not faded.

+1 on the predator and ASAT. I love the ASAT it really breaks you up out there.