STOMP442

Huntin Coues with a .250 Savage

Thanks for the replies guys they are much appreciated. Now for more info about my rifle.

Savage model 110 originally chambered in .270 was re barreled to a Adams & Bennett 24" barrel in .250. The Action is bedded and the barrel free floated. Trent lightened the trigger down for me to about 2 pounds and is real crisp. Trent made me some custom brass out of some .308 lake city match cases and the rest is history. This thing is honestly the most accurate gun I own.

Load Data:

32.2 grains IMR 4064

115 grain Berger VLD

Lake City Match cases

CCI large rifle primers

5 shot average Velocity of 2,816 fps

cool. what is barrel twist? every time i go to a gunshow i look for an old ruger flat top or an international in .250/3000. Lark.

• Like 1

Thats a great Buck congrats, I agree that he looks alot bigger than 111 but not matter the score its an awesome Buck. Tell Paul Mark said he could get a better hunting hat than that.

Congrats again Clint on an awesome buck. Somehow I missed this story until now, I guess cause I was in Cancun when u got him. Nice story! Great buck!

Brandon showed me pictures a while ago but this the first I have seen of the post!

Congrats! I'll have to show you and Trent the .250 Savage I had built for my daughter.

I had her shoot a bit high on a smoker buck during her youth hunt in October.

I am still shaking my head a that bad call!

Thanks for the post.

Jeff

Congratulations on taking that nice buck and placing in the big buck contest. It was a long time in comin'!! Very nice Clinten!!

Great buck and an awesome shot. I have had several 250/3000's over the years-none now sob-and my favorite was stolen while still down in the valley. A ruger m77RSI that i had inletted for a lyman aperture sight. I missed a javalina with it once...that was the only thing it missed.

congrats

lee

Thanks for the comments guys.

I enjoyed reading your story.

You made me feel like I was overworked and behind in gathering my gear. I too wondered why your buck was still upright. I felt my pulse quicken and my breath start to go rapid and shallow as I read the ending. GREAT JOB!

Great story and great buck! Somehow I must have missed this when first posted because I surely would have remembered it. I love stories like this that make me feel like I'm right there along side of you as it all goes down. Great write up and congrats on an outstanding buck!

-Tracy