Sign in to follow this  
GRONG

Unit 23 Non-Burro Coues

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone!

Jeff, ya man I was right across the canyon to the north. But just like when we all went there we didn't see jack squat then either, other than a couple I guess. Heck I'm pretty sure on our trip we saw 5 lions in 3 days, 4 one morning! That was more than twice the number of bucks we saw on that hunt..... Sad but true.

Nice buck. Looks alot like the one you killed years and years ago when we went there. congrats.

Awesome! Way to go bud!

Lance

Yep that was the year of the lion over there for sure. Still one of the funnest hunts, I think we spent more time laughing then hunting.

Had a mulie tag over there about 3 years ago and saw 7 different bears. Including 4 in one canyon.

I'd love to see a buck like that in 23... during a hunt. Very nice buck Josh.

--Bill

Terrible hunt for the cost to non residents. Won't waste the $ again over there. Decent buck is next to impossible to find...BOB!...Oh nice buck by the way . You took the only big one there.

Oh man that place is choked with bears, simply amazing.

Here's the canyon I killed and hauled that buck out of.

post-3-1294025880_thumb.jpg

OK, I'll bite. What's a "non-burro" Coues? And is there such a thing as a "burro" Coues?

OK, I'll bite. What's a "non-burro" Coues? And is there such a thing as a "burro" Coues?

Unit 23 has a portion, or sub-unit that includes the Burro Mts. To hunt that area you have to draw a different license.

--Bill

Thanks for sharing that buck Josh, cool buck for sure and for a tough hunt, very nice

If there's a coues buck in the hills, Josh will find him and kill him. Congrats Bud. Nice work.

Congratulations, Josh! Great buck! You did a lot better than I did over there.....

NIce buck!!, I quit hunting in 23 due to the number of lions there seemed to be and the fact that the WT numbers seemed to drop every year. When I first moved to NM in 2001 there seemed to be a much better population of deer on both the N and S side of the Mule creek Rd. ag

Nice buck sorry you had such a bad couple of hunts in 23. The Lion population is outof control. There were two killed on the highway between Silver and Lordsburg in November. We had the occasion of killing one and seeing two others from our tree stands two years ago.