yotebuster

Lasik Surgery

Looking for advice on lasik... Anyone have it done, how does it affect you in hunting situations (i.e. glassing, night vision etc)? Any recommendations for someone in the valley, preferably NW (Glendale area) but not necessarily. Hate glassing with glasses on, and my contacts dry out to bad when I'm glassing all day!

I had mine done at Barnet Dulaney Perkins eye center. I only had my right eye done and when finished had better then 20/20 vision.

I had mine done at Barnet Dulaney Perkins eye center. I only had my right eye done and when finished had better then 20/20 vision.

Same here. Only one eye (left) at BDP.

I had both my eyes done there a few years ago. I was 20/10 for a while and settled in at 20/20. My vision wasn't terrible, but I had a pretty bad astigmatism. Best money I ever spent. It's not cheap, but do you really want to bargain hunt when it comes to your vision?

My only other suggestion would be to see the doctors that work on all our local sports team's athletes. I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but I know they are cheaper that BDP.

You will not regret having it done. It's the best money I ever spent on myself.

I had both my eyes done there a few years ago. I was 20/10 for a while and settled in at 20/20. My vision wasn't terrible, but I had a pretty bad astigmatism. Best money I ever spent. It's not cheap, but do you really want to bargain hunt when it comes to your vision?

My only other suggestion would be to see the doctors that work on all our local sports team's athletes. I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but I know they are cheaper that BDP.

You will not regret having it done. It's the best money I ever spent on myself.

Jay Swartz is the name that I think you're looking for. I had him do my eyes 4 years ago, this month, and I was very satisfied.

Lasik is awesome! NO regrets! ;)

S.

Mine was done March 2010. BEST money I have ever spent on myself, hands down! Contacts used to dry up too bad or just plain pop out while driving or hunting. No problems anymore, no redness in my eyes, no irritation. Vision is AWESOME!!!!

My advice, every single one of these places offers free consultations. They will check your eyes and tell you what you need to do before surgery (ie. no contacts for two weeks, etc), tell you what surgery is best (ie. you may not be a candidate for lasik) and price it all out for you. I went through four different consultations with four businesses and chose the one that I felt most comfortable at. Every place is different, so go to the place that is best for you. I chose the most expensive, then talked them down to match the absolute lowest priced option I had researched! Best of both worlds!!!!!!

I have contacts and my eye doctor has been saying I'm a perfect canidate for lasik. I worried about my eyes changing, even though they haven't in 6-8 years or so. I know places offer plans that include adjustments. How much down time after did you have? Ive been kicking the idea around for a few years. Ive got 30 day continuous wear contacts. My eye doc now says not to wear them over night, but I do any ways. They don't bother me or slow me down in any way. My vision is pretty terrible too. I think my PWR is 5.0 or 5.5. From these posts, it looks like it turned out well. My parents both had RK and that whole deal kinda scared me away from the lasik, even though its different. Their eyes changed and they say their duck/night vision is "starred" out.

I had both eyes done over 10 years ago now. They were done by Mr. Lasik himself and it was the best thing I've ever spent money on. My eye sight is 20/15, the only problem i have is that my eyes get dry a lot but ill take that over what i had any day. Oh one other thing that happened early on is that i saw halos around lights but it has went away now.

Another vote for Barnett Delaney Perkins. I had it done just over 4 years ago at their Camelback location. Not a cheap procedure...but money well spent and I would do it again.

It is a no brainer! Once you do it you will kick yourself for not doing it sooner if you're anything like me. I didn't think my vision was all that bad but after Lasik I felt like I had superman vision! Swaros and Lasik are two things you will never regret buying. It's like cheating!

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT....

Mine was done in July 2009 at Southwestern Eye Centers in Phoenix. I went in for an exam to see if Lasik was possible for me. After the exam they asked if I wanted to do it right there and then. I walked into the office at 10 am, and was on the way home (wife drove) by 12:30pm with surgery done. Woke up the next day 20/20 and it was awesome. I am upset I didnt do it sooner. Best money I have spent!!! The surgery is a breeze, and is only 5 min long.

I recommend opening a Flexible Heath Spending Acct if possible. I knew I was going to get Lasik so I opened a $1500 medical spending account through my employer. I paid a little over $50 per paycheck for the whole year for the Lasik tax free payroll deduction. I recommend it to everyone.

I have the same question but for providers in the Sierra Vista or Tucson area. I am attempting to talk myself into Lasik. Being I am in Sierra Vista, the Phoenix area is really not convenient. Tucson is a little over an hour from here and that is reasonable. I am encouraged by everones sucess stories. I know that the procedure is minimally risky, but I still don't like the idea of someone cutting up my eyeball. My eyesight is not that bad, It is just so inconvenient when I am hunting or doing anything else. I am hard on eyeglasses (lots of scratches and always dirty)and would like to eliminate that annoyance. My last exam, the optometrist told me I was a candidate but he POd me about some other stuff and I did not discuss it further with him (he doesn't do it anyway).

I had mine done in 2001 by Barnett Delaney Perkins and it was worth every cent. I had absolutely no side effects and my vision has been 20/20 since. I had horrible vision before, my contacts were 960 power. Do it!!