TAM

Mike Udall aka Treestandman

Sorry to hear the news. Its sad to see a fellow bloodbrother leave life so early. My heartfelt, best wishes, and sypmathy, for his family and friends. Godspeed!

I am very sad to hear about Mike's passing.My prayers go out to his family with all my heart.

I bought a tree stand from Mike about 3 years ago. I had never hunted from a treestand and when I went to his house to pick it up, he was so very enthusiastic about hunting coues. He invited me into his backyard and showed me the stand and how it worked. He also told me about the importance of a harness and how safety is paramount to hunting 17 feet off the ground. He fielded all of my questions with so much patience and understanding. He also had been through all of the learning curves of hunting from high places. He even told me how he shot his first coues buck. I knew I was learning things from someone who shared the same hunting passion and that was our only meeting, one in which I will NEVER forget.

He went onto show me his shed collection of bucks he had been watching for years. Our conversation opened my eyes to trail cameras and what is possible with some effort and determiniation. We looked at the pictures on the computer, some he had posted on CWT over the years and others I don't believe he shared with many others.

The following summer I backpacked into an Arizona Wilderness with my Treestand and a 43lb pack. 4 Miles from any road,a world off the ground. If you have ever hunted coues from a stand in complete silence with a bow and arrow. I think that's the closest you can come to perfection in life. A 90" velvet coues came within 15 yards of my stand , but I never got a chance to draw on him.

Mike- You taught me to hunt from a Treestand and for this I will always thank you.

Douglas Parch

AzP&Y

post-898-0-61476000-1297295958_thumb.jpg

For anyone who didn't know Mike he had a passion for coues deer that very few people have. I personally only know of 2 other hunters that put in the amount of time and dedication. I didn't know Mike in all aspects of his life, but the time that we spent building trail cameras and the few times that we had in the field will forever be remembered. In recent years Mike and I hadn't talked much simply do to busy schedules and families. I know that he and Tim were the closest from what I knew.

We'll miss you Mike.

Scott

Here's a couple more that Phil sent me from our hunting trip in Mexico last year... Actually I think it was on our scouting trip in August. Hot doesn't even begin to describe it down there at that time of year!!! Good times.

post-25-0-79367700-1297300543_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-95999400-1297300571_thumb.jpg

Hello my name is Charles. Mike Udall is my brother in law. He taught me so much about hunting. If it wasn't for him I wouldnt of shot this nice coues deer. We saw this buck on opening day. I was going to free hand it, but he said "You will miss. That's to far away. We will come back tomorrow." We over selpt Saturday morning and he had to leave that night so he told me to go back there Sunday morning and the deer would be close by, he felt. So Sunday morning I went back to the spot that we had seen him on Friday and there the buck was, maybe two hundred yards from where we had last seen him. I just remember how excited he was when we saw the buck and how excited he was when I called him to tell him that we got him. I am very lucky to have been able to hunt with him. He taught me so much. I've even been told by others I was lucky to have hunted with him.

post-5283-0-77398900-1297304075_thumb.jpg You will be deerly missed Mike.

I did not know Mike personally...............but I read his posts, and I always enjoyed his passion for the sport we all enjoy.

All I can say is.........he must have been one extraordinary person for the Lord to have taken him so young. Rest in peace my brother.........we will all miss your love.

TJ

I'm still in shock by this tragedy and simply hope and pray his family and friends find peace in knowing Mike is in a better place now. I'm sure heaven is exactly as I picture it and Mike is sittin' high in his stand with his bow drawn and pin settled on a buck of his dreams.

"TREESTANDMAN" was a big part of our family here and his passion and desire was always evident and respected, he will be dearly missed for sure. My prayers are for his family and I pray the lord keeps Mike's quiver full of arrows and an endless supply of giant coues bucks in his path. JIM>

Condolonces to the Family and freinds who knew and loved him, our prayers are with them.

Is there anything we can do for the family? TAM please let us know if there is.

The funeral services have been officially announced:

Saturday Feb. 12th

Visitation - 8:30 am (no viewing, just meet and greet with family and friends)

Funeral - 10:00 am

Location: LDS Chapel, 2220 N. Harris Mesa AZ 85203 (The cross roads are McKellips and Harris)

Everyone is invited to attend!

Several people have asked about a "donation fund" or other ways to help the family and children. For now the best way to share your support is to leave a message right here or to attend the funeral service on Saturday morning. I have sent a link for this topic to Mike's family so they can see all the kind things and memories that everyone shares about Mike.

Mikes wife Dana asked me to let everyone know that she has read this topic and is grateful for all the love and support from the CWT.com family. She also wanted me to tell everyone that if anyone here feels like they would like to talk with her for any reason they can get her phone number from me and I can give it out privately at my discression.

If there are any questions please feel free to private message me through the site, email me, or call me.

I hope to see a few of you on Saturday to pay our last respects to Mike!!!

Thanks,

Tim Maddock

928-533-8807

themaddockcamp@cox.com

Thanks Tim for the info.

I'm really sad and still in shock for this terrible news. I loved Mike and he was a really good friend. We used to spent hours in phone conversations.

Several years ago, when Mike used to work for Chase, he helped me to reduce the interest rate on my home loan from a 7.25 to a whoping 3.75%. He saved me lots of $$.

When his last kid was born he sent me pictures of his newborn baby. Pictures of him holding his kid and his wife holding the new baby.

Every time I talked to him you can tell he was honest and he always treated every one with dignity.

On his work you can tell he was very professional and he knew what advice to give to every single people and situation.

Now as a hunter, Mike was the best! Very passionate and hunting was like a religion to him. We exchanged countless emails and information form bow hunting to rifle hunting, ballistics etc etc.

I told Mike in one ocassion that we (my wife and I) were very upset cause when he came to Mexicali for his wife surgery he did not stop ed at our house to spend the day/night. Of course we were not upset we were just joking.

Do you guys remember when he posted the story about the javelina that chased the mountain lion away while he was with Tim in Mexico? And that later on 3 lions came back and had javelina for breakfast?

I told Mike I was jealous of him cause can you imagine witness those events? Told him that was like wining the lotery or maybe better.

The last time I talked to him was just before Christmas. He posted on my face book account a couple times after that and that was it.

Mike, I miss you my friend ...............

Ernesto C

I did not know Mike, But i did know he loved the Rim Country, That's where i make my home, Mike hunted a few miles from were i killed all my bucks, Now that you are a Spirit Mike, and you can hunt everyday stop by when you can i put a treestand up for you.

The deer you see in the photo is the late Randy Morder's We lost Randy last year.

Matt Johnson of Star valley has done Randy's mount's. Randy's deer are hanging on my wall. Hope to see you around Mike B)

post-2340-0-50832000-1297447362_thumb.jpg

post-2340-0-58220000-1297447381_thumb.jpg

post-2340-0-43696300-1297447406_thumb.jpg

post-2340-0-45241400-1297447434_thumb.jpg