Sign in to follow this  
Santana Outdoors

Win a Havalon Knife

Hi CouesWhitetail fans please help us with what we think is going to be a good change for our new website. I'd like to have your opinion before we finish. Here is a snap shot of what the home page will look like. This new site is not live but here is a view of it.

We wanted to have some fun with this so just reply to this thread with your opinion. The Good, Bad and the Ugly! Then on Sunday February 20th we will have a drawing of everyone who posted, the first name we pick will win your choice of one of any of our Havalon Piranta knives, an extra set of blades and holster.

Our goal is to showcase our "Premium Gear" with the first category. Premium Gear is products or manufacturers we use and highly recommend, then below we will have 50,000 more products in our "All Gear" category.

Thanks for your time and appreciate your opinion.

Click on photo to see it larger.

Eric

post-4156-0-02350300-1297567108_thumb.jpg

Thats a good looking site. I like it when they are not too cluttered. Looks easy to navigate, and all the info is easy to find.

I like the look, setup, the options; everything is very professional. The thing that jumps out at me is that I like the main color, but that its a little too much. You have product pictures, red 'Add to Cart' buttons, that add a little color; could the menus be a burgundy color? Also, its not a huge thing, but I would minimize the space between the product displays. Why waste that space? You can use the extra space to better market the existing products or maybe even add 2 more! My $.02. :)

very impressive, there is a good mix of "eye candy " to keep our eyes looking for new products. I did notice the links to discussion forum, you spelled monstermully with two LL.

I will be visiting your site once it is up in running. thanks for allowing imput.

I like the layout. If it were me, I would add some kind of Clearance section or closeouts. I know that I like to find deals on stuff that I really do not need, but the deal is too good to pass up. Other than that I think it looks great.

Overall a nice looking layout.

I also like the main color scheme, but think that certain control tabs would stand out a little better with some brighter color or bolder print added.

The "Paypal/credit cards accepted graphics" at the bottom right get a little lost with no color on the cards and the light print. I missed them completely the first time scanning down the page

I look forwardrd to visiting the page when it's up and running

Lose the turkey pic! Replace with a big Coues buck! :)

Agreed. turkey hunting is better than going to the mall or to the dentist or getting a prostate exam...but not much.

I disagree about using a turkey. It's a good marketing strategy to feature whatever season is coming up. I like the site's format.

Bill Quimby

I think it's good. Everyone will have a different opinion on the color selections. I think it's fine. Don't know that it will either add to or take away from the site. I prefer a clean look, but the rustic grunge is quite popular for outdoor sites, so no worries. Space between products helps them stand out rather than becoming a big cluster of who knows what.

What's most important is that your products are well categorized and easy to find. That the images you use really show what the product is, and that you provide enough photos to remove the risk of purchase-mistakes. I think it would be good to include "in the field" images or video of products in action as well, to spur the emotion that gets people excited to buy. And that you build credibility so people aren't afraid to send you money... so things like guarantees and no-questions asked refunds, etc. A live chat option to answer questions about the products is nice.

Then, it's all about the purchase process and making it as dumbass-proof as possible. And it's hard to tell anything about that from looking at the home page, but it certainly looks like you know what you're doing with it.

Looks good, the layout seems easy to follow. Like having the featured gear and sale ads

on the front page. Can't wait to see it opened up and live.

Looks easy enough to navigate. I agree with what was posted, change out the species with what's in season and maybe the gear on the home page to suite the different hunting seasons. I think it looks great.

I like the overall layout and believe it is well organized, it appears to be easy to navigate as well. I think the guys so far have given some really good reviews/advice. I would go with the changing species for the corresponding season, other then that it looks great.