Sign in to follow this  
ehunt

Chino Grande Ranch 19B

I am confused as to how the draw will proceed given this new development. Do the applicants that had 2022 as their first choice now just have their #2 choice go to the top and the draw proceeds as normal?

Thats too bad. I was drawn for that hunt in 2007, and both my oldest son and I got great goats that year from that unit. Though I didn't expect to get drawn this year, I feel for all those that have been waiting so long and now will wait some more.

Do any of you all know which map I would look at to see exactly what is affected?

AZMThunter,

Yes that is what was said. Second choice would become first choice.

so what happens like many of us that never put a 3rd chose in for lope due too all tags gone in 1st & 2nd rounds, will they allow us to add a new 2nd chose before the draw?

By them removing a 1st or 2nd chose "19b no longer" G & F should be entitled to allow all applicants to add a new alternitive hunt number.

AZMThunter,

Yes that is what was said. Second choice would become first choice.

so what happens like many of us that never put a 3rd chose in for lope due too all tags gone in 1st & 2nd rounds, will they allow us to add a new 2nd chose before the draw?

By them removing a 1st or 2nd chose "19b no longer" G & F should be entitled to allow all applicants to add a new alternitive hunt number.

Thats why i always fill in all 5 choices, you never know what may happen. G&F should not entitle that to anyone. Its was that persons choice to only put in 2 choices instead of 5.

The State Land Department needs to revise the leases as they come up for renewal on ranches that have grazing or other leases on checker-board land, to require the lessee to allow unrestricted public access for hunting purposes on all leased land, during all open hunting seasons. It's public land, every other section, and it being treated as private... these ranches get to thinking that leased trust land belongs to them when all they have is a flippin lease for grazing. It's wrong.

The State Land Department does NOT answer to Game and Fish, and the Commission cannot change it. Only your lawmakers can change it... the only way they will is with a huge push back from their constituents. Write your lawmakers people.

Thats why i always fill in all 5 choices, you never know what may happen. G&F should not entitle that to anyone. Its was that persons choice to only put in 2 choices instead of 5.

absolutely agree 100%, why wouldn't people use all 5 spaces?

One thing that I keep seeing is that State Trust Land is public land. It is not and governed by a different set of rules.

A lot of people put in for the draw with just 2 choices, for many reasons including familiar country, close to home, trophy quality, etc., etc. This is vary typical for many applicants. The question I have is what about the people that put in for 19B rifle first choice and 19B archery second, or vise versa? If game and fish does not look into that than those people have virtually no chance of drawing an Antelope tag based on the way that the Arizona draw works? Game and fish need's to remedy this scenario so that those people that put in this way have the same chance as the next person to draw a tag.

Last this is a vary sad day for me. Anybody that knows anything about Antelope especially Arizona antelope knows that 19b holds some of the biggest in the world. The record books, or a short drive out there proves that. I really hope that game and fish can figure something out soon.

This is such F-ing BS I hope none of our ant permits get drawn since this is our first choice. We hunted there with my brother a few years ago when they closed it off. And then last year they said they reached a new agreement to have it stay open. Everyone that out in for 19b ant should have the chance to redo their application if this is the case. Not that you can predict an antelope tag but I do not want my app in for that unit if it is closed cause it SUCKS when it is closed.

Maybe I'm wrong but if this has happened in the past then maybe g&f should make sure its not going to come up during the draw for upcoming year.

Does'nt surprise me. The great People at the 76 Ranch are tired of this too, and they are tired of GFD, BLM and the Gov't telling them what they can and can not do with their land. Welcome to the new Arizona. RESPECT of rancher's stuff is no longer a norm. RESPECT of their property is no longer a concern. More locks on gate's are now the norm. You get permission to hunt on their land and two years later you have 15 lock's on the gate and 15 lock's cut by bolt cutter's laying next to the gate. Time to start talking to the Rancher's and gaining their trust again. PRIVATE LAND acccess is gonna be gone here before to long. Have a good talk with the Rancher's drink a Beer, BS with them let them know who you are and when You will be on their property and 90% of them are Great people. So I say if WE dont want to be like Texas,Colorado New mexico and the rest of the West that has to pay to hunt on the leased land by the ranchers, but you have to cross their land to get to it RESPECT IT.

The only thing that can be done going forward is to trade the checkered BLM/State land to the ranchers and make their land theirs and then used the swap land all of ours--this would allow the ranchers to shut down their land with out shutting down the public land--this would be the only way to make it fair. Then the state should not allow the cattle to graze on public land as it would be all of our land and should not have any other animals but native animals on that land. If it is a matter of money the ranchers will still have their land but we would have bovine free hunting grounds to hunt on.

Just one suggestion.

The only thing that can be done going forward is to trade the checkered BLM/State land to the ranchers and make their land theirs and then used the swap land all of ours--this would allow the ranchers to shut down their land with out shutting down the public land--this would be the only way to make it fair. Then the state should not allow the cattle to graze on public land as it would be all of our land and should not have any other animals but native animals on that land. If it is a matter of money the ranchers will still have their land but we would have bovine free hunting grounds to hunt on.

Just one suggestion.

Well said Terry