catclaw

Sick of the Arrogance

Wow- I haven't been on here since I posted this and didn't know that this had blown up until Rod called me tonight. I never named Phil or hinted at who it was. I was just disgusted with the way the whole thing went down. When Phil called or emailed Steve Chappell and demanded over legal action that he remove his photos from his website is when I finally had enough. Phil and I hashed it out over email for a while and all Phil could do is make claims that aren't true- not even close to true.

Rod was very nice in his assessment of this whole thing. Phil told Rod he didn't want me to hunt with them on my November elk tag because I would "shoot a bull out from under his son" were his words. Of course, I was shocked by this and told Rod that I wouldn't even go hunting until his son had killed a bull. I was in the middle of building a new house and really couldn't spend the time I needed during the hunt. I had, with Rod, seen some nice bulls in this area and one bull we thought was a 390 class bull. We found it the second day and the main beam was broken on one side so I just packed up and went home. I have killed a lot of bulls and didn't need to kill one more just for the practice- I wanted something better than what I already had.

On my computer, this thing is like 5 pages and there really wasn't much negative said after the first page or so. My rant was somewhat generic in nature that I was displeased that stuff like this goes to people's heads. The thread had become a biology lesson and had smoldered just about out! He had to come and try to start the name calling and such. Our emails only continued until he started with profanity and threatened my life. I am so done with him. He can continue to be a idiot at Mesa PD and make more friends that he can crap on.

What he did was unethical (claim and animal to be DIY in order get a magazine article and then remove copyrights from photographs which belonged to Rod Miskin in order to continue with his charade to Eastmans.) Not sure why he thinks this has been causing him a lot of grief because unless Eastman's read this thread, they still think he was a DIY hunter and sent his own photographs. I knew, Rod knew, Steve Chappell knew and our inner circle knew. He is the one that made it go further than that. there is a lot more to this and it is not worth my time to sit here and type it all up.

As you can see, Rod's post clarified the incident that I originally posted about and instead of manning up and apologizing to Rod, Phil would rather just sling mud.

I am done with this thread- the statement about mud wrestling with pigs holds true, you both get muddy but the pig likes it.

From the outside looking in, all I can say is that the view is still hazy and we, the audience, will never know the whole truth.

At this point, we can only speculate while coming to our own conclusion of what happened and who is right.

In the end, this seemed to have cost some friendships along with faith in our common man and hunting brotherhood.

I suppose this is what can and does happen to even those with the best of intentions.

I still can't believe the twists this thread has taken. Almost like a train wreck.

I'm sorry to see it, all the while learning that there are some things more important, than what was held as so, during this

entire fiasco of a series of hunts you all lived through.

Very well put coach! Since I got stationed here in 2007 I have been addicted to Coues hunting. I had no clue what the heck to do or where to find them. True some people on this site are more secretive than the deer themselves, but it didnt stop me from wanting to learn. The first two years were tag soup. My one and only Coues was in 2009, a small spike. It definitely hurts when the the hunt is over, because the enjoyment had to end. I had fun, I was in the woods, didnt have to worry about work, and I learned more about Glassing, stalking, and Coues than most non SE hunters will ever know. Best of all, I made some new friends, some on this site that have offered to put me on a good Coues when I got back from Afghanistan, unfortunately I will be in El Paso this season. The friendship and camaraderie lost here will be forever, which is sad. The years you two/three spent hunting together is all lost, memories, beers by the campfire all gone. I do wish you all great success in your quest(s). There is three good stories here, and Im sure the truth is in the middle somewhere. My DIY hunts are to gain experience, and time with my son teaching him the fieldcraft. Great to know that I know what to call a hooved animal, and one with several chambered stomachs. Good luck to all this season.post-2284-0-71476300-1307368540_thumb.jpg

So I guess these DIY hunts are done differently these days. Its getting really sad that people are fighting over game. Oh well!

To me, from the outside looking in... Who gives a schit?

A nice bull was killed. Congrats to the hunter.

There is contreversay around it... BIG surprise.

Someones a liar, someones telling the truth, or they both have lies...

In the end, who (especially others who arent envolved) gives a rats asss? I now I dont!

The hunter has a beautiful bull hanging in his house. Congrats to him.

Bury the jealousy, and go find a big bull to shoot!

Wow....that is all i have to say. what gives you the right...just shows what kind of person you are. Does jealous ring a bell.

+++++++++++++++1000 Now that I 've read all of this bulls#!t it is just that!!!!!!!!! GET OVER IT AND TAKE A YOUNGSTER HUNTING. In the end THAT is what we should b measured by "how much did we give to the sport of hunting"

To me, from the outside looking in... Who gives a schit?

A nice bull was killed. Congrats to the hunter.

There is contreversay around it... BIG surprise.

Someones a liar, someones telling the truth, or they both have lies...

In the end, who (especially others who arent envolved) gives a rats asss? I now I dont!

The hunter has a beautiful bull hanging in his house. Congrats to him.

Bury the jealousy, and go find a big bull to shoot!

again, oh boy is this great! and, casey finally made a point that makes sense, or since, if you're from aj. these guys even tired out mizz amanda, and she has really got some patience. or patients, depending on where you're from. Lark.