Sign in to follow this  
deserthntr

lets pretend

you have $1200 to spend a new archery set-up, what would you get and why? i plan on saving up and buying a new bow at the sunrise shoot.

PSE Dreamseason EVO, 70lb limbs

between carbon express blue streaks, easton FMJ, and PSE's radial X-weaves

stick with my spott hogg SDP

rest, probably Ripcord code red, havent thought much about this tho.

stick with my octane stabilizer.

I am also currently saving for a new archery set-up. if I had 1200 bucks in my hand, I would be looking hard at the Hoyt Carbon element or matrix, of course that 1200 would only get the bare bow, but they sure have a sweet feel.

I most likely will end up with an Elite Hunter or Pulse, at least thats the way I am leaning right now. It changes every week. I haven't even thought about accessories yet.

Take a look at the G5 PRIME bow, its a sweet bow if I was upgrading this year that is definitly my pick of the year. The EVO seems hit or miss, I've seen some loud ones and some really quiet ones as well. As for arrows, I shoot Easton FMJ 340's and absolutly love them but you cant go wrong with blue streaks if you want an all carbon arrow, I also shoot the SH SDP and love it, I shot a ripcord for a few months and didnt have any problems with it, however about 8 months ago I switched to the trophy taker SMACKDOWN and love it its a great rest. Not trying to scare you away from the evo but I would shoot some other bows before you make your decision. Hoyt CRX, or a carbon bow, bowtech destroyer and invasion and the G5 Prime would be the bows I would loo at if I were to buy a new bow right now.

Do some research on that Ripcord Red for the Dreamseason. I have a Dreamseason GX with 80 lb limbs, and everywhere I inquired and researched online complained about tuning issues with the Ripcord. I ended up going with the PSE phantom, which I didn't really like at the time, but has been 100% bullet proof. It was a rest specifically designed for that bow, and has done well for me. For what it's worth.

To your question- For a shooting bow, I would go with a Bowmadness XL. For a hunting bow, I would stick with my GX. Pretty aggressive, but I love the speed. I like the Goldtip XT 7595s. A little heavy but tough, and spined just right for my setup. Good luck!!

I'm looking at the Mathews Z7 Extreme. For arrows I'm shoot the Carbon Express Mayhems.....they hit super hard and are tough as nails

I hated the Ripcord and took it off my Vectrix. The rest smacked down hard on the shelf, was the loudest noise on the bow and would knock itself out of whack. Switched to the FC Trophy Taker and never looked back.

you have $1200 to spend a new archery set-up, what would you get and why? i plan on saving up and buying a new bow at the sunrise shoot.

PSE Dreamseason EVO, 70lb limbs

between carbon express blue streaks, easton FMJ, and PSE's radial X-weaves

stick with my spott hogg SDP

rest, probably Ripcord code red, havent thought much about this tho.

stick with my octane stabilizer.

Sorry...I live in the real world :D . and you should to!

I choose the setup below because PSE is an awesome company to deal with....they have fixed 2 bows that I broke (dry fire and I pulled the string off the cam....)they took care of me each time. The draw on the EVO is so smooth. Mine is quiet as a church mouse, but I shoot a heavier arrow which will help any bow quiet down....its flinging a 460 grain arrow at 280 ish FPS (27.5 draw)

I have a new 70Lbs EVO in skullz camo, 340 FMJ with 100 grain Wac Ems, Whisker Biscuit (had a QAD HD on my X-Force, WB just works!), Sure-Loc Hunter Specialty modified with a 3 pin head, PSE X Force quiver and with a Pete Shepley deuce stabilizer.... all probably would run over $1200 but had parts like you from my previous setup.

There are many threads on archery talk on which rest for the EVO...

Its feels like a dream to shoot!

Redman

ya i plan to run down to archery headquarters and shoot all the different bows im interested in, dont have my mind absolutely set on anything yet. but im really liking the EVO so far. gunna start saving up now and hopefully have enough money by the time sunrise comes around, i should.

That one is easy... I'm just waiting for them to build my EVO in left hand model which hopefully will be next week or the week after.

cmc

Since we're just pretending:

1. Little Beaver archery set, complete with three arrows tipped with big suction cups, $9.99

2. Delta round trip tickets to Namibia, $1,190.01

I'll pack my American Express card and a couple changes of underwear, give the archery set to an outfitter friend's new grandson down there, borrow everything else I need, and have a heck of a time.

Happy April Fool's Day. :D

Bill Quimby

Pse is the way to go! I Purchased the Pse X force Axe 6 in February and love it!

Pse X Force Axe 6 in Skulz camo 70 lbs

Rip Cord drop away rest

Copper John Dead nuts 2 Supreme 6 pin Sight

Carbon Express Maxima Hunter arrows

Slick trick 100 grain broadheads

All for under $1200 bucks!

post-940-0-40969500-1301697464_thumb.jpg

post-940-0-21504700-1301697492_thumb.jpg

I was in the same exact situation. I ended up going with a Hoyt CRX 35, Axcel Armortech sight, QAD drop-away, and the new Hoyt quiver. I absolutely LOVE this bow.

My first "good" bow was a Mathews Conquest Light I bought back when they first came out, maybe late 90's??. I shot that bow for years and loved it. Around 2004-2005 I bought a Bowtech Allegiance, shot it for years and loved it. Two days ago, my new Hoyt showed up, and I have to say, it is one heck of an amazing bow.

I haven't shot the PSE or some other bows listed here so far, so I can't give a comparison. But, before you buy, I would recommend shooting the new Hoyt. Heck, shoot as many as you can. What one guy likes another won't.

if you go to archery hq and have them set up all the bows for you to try are you planning to purchase it from them before sunrise or from someone else at sunrise? BTW Evo is a great choice.

if you go to archery hq and have them set up all the bows for you to try are you planning to purchase it from them before sunrise or from someone else at sunrise? BTW Evo is a great choice.

if i have enough saved up before hand i will buy it from them, it may have to wait till after. i dont plan on making them set anything up for me, just shoot whatever they have already ready for people to try