CouesWhitetail

San Carlos Gobbler!!

Congratulations, Amanda!

Your story and photos got me to itching. My hunt doesn't open for another 16 days!

Bill Quimby

Good luck on your hunt Bill. :)

TJ

Congratulations on the hunt. there is nothing better than putting the smackdown on a big old bird. Your story got me really excited and impatient for New Mexico to open. I need to get my Merriams to finish up my slam.

Congrats Amanda!!! That is a gorgeous bird and an awesome trophy, great story as well!!! JIM>

If anyone wants any turkey feathers, let me know. I skinned the bird, so I pretty much have all the body feathers, plus wings and tail. not sure what I will do with the wings and tail. The last gobbler I got I did a tail and wing mount that looks awesome, but I am not sure I want to do the same thing again. I already have another turkey tail fan from another gobbler too. anyone have suggestions?

Congrats Amanda...NM season opens a week from tomorrow, I'm going to hunt turkey for the first time in over 15 years... You're story gots me pumped.

Can't wait to read ur story and see the pics....I was hoping to hunt NM this year but couldn't get the time off

Congrats Amanda...NM season opens a week from tomorrow, I'm going to hunt turkey for the first time in over 15 years... You're story gots me pumped.

Can't wait to read ur story and see the pics....I was hoping to hunt NM this year but couldn't get the time off

Right on Amanda congrats looks like a big ol beautiful bird. Loved your story and pics.

That is a nice lookin turkey. I have had very good results using the Winchester shot gun ammo also. One of these days I will get back over there to the rez and do some more huntin. This gets me excited for my sons turkey hunt next weekend. Headed out Sunday to check for sign. David

congrats!

going up this weekend to locate couple birds