CouesBuckhunter

2011 Archery AZ Black Bear Hunt

Just thought Id post this. This is my second Archery Black Bear.I put in over 30 hours in the stand but never got a crack at this big black boar or cinnamon bear. Finally yesterday at 7am he came in for a drink, perfectly broadside and my PSE BowMadness XL sent a Swhacker tipped Carbon Force arrow right in the sweet spot. The bear ran 15 yards up the side of the canyon before falling back down, he died literally within 5 seconds. My dad captured it all on video. Hes the bear I wanted. He's 350+lbs, and has a solid 19inch skull. Funny thing is that my dad had to leave for the airport around 10am so everything worked out perfectly.

post-4675-0-96506900-1306619339_thumb.jpg

post-4675-0-38268600-1306620192_thumb.jpg

Congrats Eric thats a real big blackie. YOU LOOK SMALL NEXT TO HIM. haha

Just thought Id post this. This is my second Archery Black Bear.I put in over 30 hours in the stand but never got a crack at this big black boar or cinnamon bear. Finally yesterday at 7am he came in for a drink, perfectly broadside and my PSE BowMadness XL sent a Swhacker tipped Carbon Force arrow right in the sweet spot. The bear ran 15 yards up the side of the canyon before falling back down, he died literally within 5 seconds. My dad captured it all on video. Hes the bear I wanted. He's 350+lbs, and has a solid 19inch skull. Funny thing is that my dad had to leave for the airport around 10am so everything worked out perfectly.

Great bear! What unit did you whack him in? P.S. Did you have fun skinning and packing him out in just 3 hours?

Great bear! What unit did you whack him in? What time did he actually come in for the fatal drink? P.S. Did you have fun skinning him out?

35b,7am,and skiining him out was fantastic, trying to get it all done so my dad could leave for his flight in time. The meat, my pack, and the hide and head were a good load for a mile hike out.

Congrats Eric thats a real big blackie. YOU LOOK SMALL NEXT TO HIM. haha

hahaha I guess considering that I am 6'2! Bear hunting is a true thrill, It is very different from deer hunting and when you get a big one its even more different because it makes alot more work and Its alot more exciting. Thanks everyone.

Congrats on that monster bear looks like that SWHACKER did the job.

heck yeah, the swhacker performs everytime. And thanks Cole, your bear wasnt a dinky one either! Congrats Cole, looks like we both got some blacks this year. Hopefully Tommy and Brandon can get it done this week. fingers crossed!