RHINO

90" two point

I e-mailed some pics of my deer to amanda. I shot it on opening day. I wanted a 100"+ buck but this deer was just too good too pass up. I thought about it for a long time before I decided it would be stupid to pass him up. He scores 88 6/8 as a 2 point. He has a lot of mass and his g2's are just over 7 inches.

Nice- Which area did you get him in?

Any stories with the pic?

Is this your buck? I wasn't sure but I think so. When you guys send me pics, please include your full name, your screen name and the hunt information. That way I can keep track of stuff easier.

Nice buck!

Amanda

post-1-1135310896.jpg

RHINO,

You're right that would be a tuff one to pass on. A big mature buck. Congrats :P

Very nice indeed! Congratulations!

Thats him. Thank you for posting him Amanda. I seem to have a hard time posting these pics. Here is the story. Opening morning we hikied in right at day light to a big basin that we know that holds a lot of deer. By we I mean my dad, brother, and friend. Special thanks to my friend for bringing me into his little honey hole. We glassed for deer for about an hour without seeing anything. So we decided to climb on this other ridge so we could see a bigger portion of the basin. Sure enough it wasn't long before we had deer. This buck was with four does and a unicorn. They were about 3/4 of a mile away. I watched him in the spotting scope for a while when I decided to let him go. We glassed up some more deer. Another buck but way too small. About twenty minutes went buy before I had to take another look. The sun was now hitting the ridges. My buddy told me he as another point on his left side. I looked through the spotting scope and sure enough, he grew an inch. Thats all it took, I told him lets go give it a try. We snuck down a wash then climed a ridge that would give us a pretty good shot. Once we got there all the deer were in the wash bedded down. What had happed, another buck came up and pushed them down into the bottom. We were alot closer than we thought. From were we first saw them we figured this ridge would give me a good 400 yard shot, we were wrong we were only 200 yards. It wasn't long before one of the does spooked. they all went up the ridge exept the big buck and one doe. We waited what seemed like an eternity but was only about 15 minutes until the big boy came out of the bottom and gave me a shot. Then the work began.

We had to pack him about 1.5 to 2 miles. My dad and brother went back to see if they could get the trucks closer and me and Jay started packing. Jay picked the deer up and threw him over his back and caried him for about a mile before he put him down. This man is an animal. Thanks I hope you enjoy.

Awesome 2 point RHINO!!! There was another 2 point taken this year that is the largest 2 point by far I've ever seen. The picture is posted somewhere in the hunting arizona section. I think it scored over 100". Thanks for the story!! He's a wall hanger.

Guest Reynaldo de la Torre
I e-mailed some pics of my deer to amanda.  I shot it on opening day. I wanted a 100"+ buck but this deer was just too good too pass up.  I thought about it for a long time before I decided it would be stupid to pass him up.  He scores 88 6/8 as a 2 point.  He has a lot of mass and his g2's are just over 7 inches.

Nice buck.

Hey RHINO,

Nice buck. Those big 2 pointers have a lot of character and are very hard to pass up. You'll never regret shooting that deer. Congratulations!

c-1

Rhino nice buck! the way your buddy packed the buck out is the only way to do it! packed my dads buck out about 2 1/2 miles this year with out stopping man i love doing that!