BigWave

Do you use 10x binos for Big Game Hunting?

For open country, 10x then 15x. Leica Duovids 10-15x50I find the fov too narrow for the elk woods though, so got a pair of Zen-Ray 7x36 ED2 for the timber.

Same for me But I use a pair of 8x32 Kowa's for archery, hanging of my neck and chasing rutting bulls.

I prefer 12x for open country hunting. It is good magnification on the tripod, yet steady enough when supported on my knees or moses-pole. I love my Leicas. I have not regretted the purchase. I break out the Zeiss spotter for a closer look. I use the Nikon 8x Monarchs on a bino harness for elk.

I have the 15x56 swaros set up on my new Promaster c429w carbon tripod with a manfrotto 701hdv head and thats for sitting and have a 8x32 vortex monocular for stalking. I do also have a slik with a jim white but don't use it much anymore and really thinking about selling the whole set up if anyone was interested.

Hey clay what would u want for Jim white set up?

Oh okay I see where you got this from Nighthawk actually I owed my dad some money a gave it to him. Wow this was a long time ago....LOL If he says he would like to sell it what would you want to pay for a set up?

Pentax 10x50 DCF WP's on my harness nearly 100% of the time. Swaro 15x56's on a Jim White head in the pack when I'm on the move, but broken out nearly every time I stop to glass anything. Will have the Swaro 20-60x80 spotter in the pack as well, depending on the country I'm hunting.

I like the Pentax glass for the price, but would upgrade to some Swaro 8.5x42 EL's if the right deal came around.