Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

36B burning to the ground..

You might want to think twice about putting in for 36B this year. The whole eastren half of the unit has now burned! Basicaly everything north of the border, west of the gasline that parrallels I-19, East of Ruby, and just south of Arivaca road is gone! The Murphy fire is at 57,000 acres, Parajita Fire is at just over 15,000 acres and now has joined the Murphy fire, the Bull Fire burned 10,700 acres, the Pena Fire burned 5000+ acres, the monument Fire burned 1500 acres. This unit has taken a toll from the illegal crossers that started all of these fires.

Pena Blanca Lake will most likely have a fish kill after the first moonsoon, with all of the soot run off...

post-565-0-44697900-1307492641_thumb.jpg

I am still optomistic the monsoons will get some new growth going down there that the deer will love and those deer will be easier to spot with some of that cover gone.:D

I feel completely the opposite. I can see the entire fire from my backyard, from Ruby Rd to Tubac. I think its wonderful for the unit, and will open up some fantastic hunting. The Tumacacori's burnt a few years ago, very little fuel, and you probably won't notice after the monsoon season. The Atascosa's were hit a little harder, but they needed it. Besides, the fire left large swathes of untouched country.

36B might be the next 33? I think its a good thing.

Do they know for sure that the illegals caused the fires?

Do we know for sure that OJ Simpson killed his wife?

Fires are just another negative impact from our "non-existant" problem along the border. Although I agree that much of what these fires have done will probably be positive very quickly.

I totally agree it was illeagles that startd them, there in the middle of no where i have a very close friend who i hunt with and he works with Border Patrol and they have determined that it was illeagles.

Yes, I am.positive illegals started the fires. The guy who started the monument fire was arrested and charged by forest service. And yes, this will greatly improve the wildlife habitat, but historicly, it takes a year or two for the unit to bounce back like in 33 from the "Bullock" and "Aspen" fires or in unit 22 north from the "Dude fire"

Also on a sad note, the historic Attascosa lookout burned down last night... fortunatley I got some good pics of it before this fire.

Do they know for sure that the illegals caused the fires?

Do we know for sure that OJ Simpson killed his wife?

Fires are just another negative impact from our "non-existant" problem along the border. Although I agree that much of what these fires have done will probably be positive very quickly.

LOL

Here is the lastest map... The fire has died down for now, and is slowly backing into the Parajita Wilderness area on the SW side...

The total acreage burned is somewhere close to 67,000 acres...

latest Murphy fire map