Elkhunter1

What broadhead do you use?

Without any more to go on, I would say that the bow is not tuned correctly - or the arrows aren't splined properly. I would take the whole setup to a reputable shop in your area to trouble-shoot the issues. Usually, a little tweaking of the rest and/or knock point will resolve most tuning problems. Depending on the bow and it's cams, it could be a timing issue.

Once the bow is properly tuned, you should be able to choose from any quality broadhead and hit consistently with your field points. Good luck, and let us know what find out.

I just had my bow tuned and that never seems to help. I do line my fletchings up with my blades and i use gold tip xt hunters. I gave up on the muzzy's because they fly every where i can't group them at all. I switched to rage broadheads which i love but now i have 18 brand new muzzy's i would like to use on pigs and coyotes. I've been told that helical fletchings will help but i need to buy a helical jig for my fletcher before i can try it.

Have you paper tuned your bow? Place a sheet of newspaper stretched out on a frame about three feet in front of your target and stand back about 10 ft and shoot through the paper. If you arrow makes a small hole it is tuned, if you tear the paper it is not and you should take it to a good shop and have it adjusted. Depending on the angle of the tear you might have to adjust you nocking point or your rest.

Oh and im shooting a mathews extreme with 70 pound limbs my arrows are flying at about 306 or 308 fps

Have you paper tuned your bow? Place a sheet of newspaper stretched out on a frame about three feet in front of your target and stand back about 10 ft and shoot through the paper. If you arrow makes a small hole it is tuned, if you tear the paper it is not and you should take it to a good shop and have it adjusted. Depending on the angle of the tear you might have to adjust you nocking point or your rest.

Oh and im shooting a mathews extreme with 70 pound limbs my arrows are flying at about 306 or 308 fps

Ya its papper tuned so it must be my arrows. Everyone i talk to says they gave up on the muzzy's because they are too hard to tune.

I've been using Wac'em broadheads last few years the Tritons and this year the Exits are going on my arrows. They fly with my field points and I trust them. I've also shot the slick tricks, strikers and nitrons they are also good.

I love Rocket steelheads

3x4 Muley went 50 yards.

5x6 bull elk went 40 yards.

6x6 bull elk went 100 yards.

Last year I switched to the trophy ridge Meatseekers (piston points)

6x6 bull elk went 25 yards.

They both fly extremely well SAME AS FIELDPOINTS out to 100 yards.

Ya its papper tuned so it must be my arrows. Everyone i talk to says they gave up on the muzzy's because they are too hard to tune.

I've heard others say, that if you can get muzzy's to fly in your setup, they are great, but not everyone gets them to fly well.

I've only tried them in a couple of bows, and they have always shot with every other quality broadhead - G5 Montecs, Strikers, Slick Tricks, Magnus Stingers and Buzz Cuts - In my last bow, all broadheads seemed to want to go left and low of my field points @ longer ranges - but at least it was consistent.

In my new bow, all of these heads hit the same as my field points at 40 and 50 yards. My best guess is, if muzzy's are not flying true, most others aren't either.

Make sure your bow is properly tuned, and any of the heads recommended here will do their job. If you can't shoot fixed heads, look at G3 or the new tekans. Rage seem to be good too, I'll be trying them out on antelope this year, but only as a back-up long range head.

I was looking the other day in BPS at the broadheads and was amazed by most of them being made in china. :angry:

I was looking the other day in BPS at the broadheads and was amazed by most of them being made in china. :angry:

Sad to say....but what isn't made in China....there are a few BH made in the USA...

I shoot Rage two blade. They produce a devastating wound channel, and they fly great. I have killed two elk, and a muley with them. Just make sure your blades dont deploy in the quiver.

I am shooting the slick tricks they seem to fly good for me. I was using the rocket steelheads and have no compliants from these but I am trying to get away from the expandable heads. I cannot get the muzzy heads to fly good They are tough as nails and can kill a pickup truck I you hit it right but can't gey them to fly staight. I have done lots of tunning with my bow with no luck i think it might be the speed but some people get good arrow flight. who knows. montec is the other head I am considering.

I just bought a new bow a couple months ago and when I told the guys at the shop that I use muzzy 100s (which I have always used) they told me that they would not tune. They said after the bows reach a certain speed the muzzy's won't group. With that said I am switching to the Shuttle T-Lock broadheads. We will see what happens.

Seems like everyones got their favorites.... I shot my elk with a muzzy expandable broadhead and wasn't impressed with the penetration, one of the blades snapped off on a rib and the arrow didn't pass clean through. None the less he only went about 75 yds so I guess it got r done. I shot a coues deer last year with a magnus buzzcut at 65 yds, I hit him in the center of the chest and it came out his rear end. He didn't go but 15 yds after that but for that short distance there was a nice blood trail. I found that broadhead to fly better for me as well. I've never shot the rage but have seen in person (and posted photos) the carnage they inflict. I guess it's everybodys personal preference.