Elkhunter1

What broadhead do you use?

I am trying to get an idea of what CWTers are using and why. Maybe some pics of your trophies to go with it. Thank you in advance! Happy hunting

Sorry Amanda 1st time posting from my phone...its a little different I think I got it now though.

Amanda I was looking for a poll of what is being used out there and didn't get much of a response so I thought it was a lost cause. Maybe I should leave it up a little longer. Thank you!

what happened? Do you want me to remove your thread?

Muzzy 100 Grain first choice - I've shot a lot of heads, but these are very reliable - they kill what they hit and give you plenty of blood to follow, but from what I've seen, you usually don't have to blood trail long with Muzzys. Slick Tricks are very good, Magnus Stingers and Snuffers, G5 Strikers - so many good heads to choose from, a good hit from any of them will give you the reslults you are after.

Here's a coues buck shot with Muzzy 100s. He literally went 10-15 steps and fell over dead.

post-478-0-67716200-1311060398_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-95489400-1311060416_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-80016700-1311060438_thumb.jpg

Here's a Navajo Muley that I took one week later with a muzzy. 55 yard shot bedded, and he sprayed blood all over the place before he expired just 55 yards later...

post-478-0-89456600-1311061170_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-33931800-1311061256_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-20666300-1311061281_thumb.jpg

WacEms are my favorite, fixed blade, fly great (to 100 yds), replaceable blades....but I'll admit I have tinkered with others like:

Invertor- great flying broahead, great price. Haven't taken an animal with one yet, missed a mule deer and the blades were not in good of shape.

Epek-fly great, but its pretty much one shot and your done, new heads don't spin true. Left a massive hole in a Jav will not be buying these again

Muzzy- tried and true...flight not perfect (about 2 inches off)

Rage- terrible broadhead to hunt with. Blade deploy easily before the shot, spent more time looking at the blades than looking for game :lol:

Meat Seekers- great flying, another one and done.... left a massive hole in a jav two years ago

Would like to try the NAP Blood Runners....Wally World had some but they were sold out.

I am a shooter of all types of broadheads, I've been a huge fan of Wac ems and Strikers. I like slick tricks, and I've shot a thousand others. With the rage, and other mechanicals, I agree with Redman I hate having to watch and see if my blades have deployed. At the advice from a friend I went back to the Montec. The Montec CS is awesome. It is tough and very sharp and once I have spin tested it, shot it, there is no need to take it off the arrow again. just resharpen and ready to go. There is no substitute for confidence in an arrow and its flight.

I always liked the replacable blades because they were extremely sharp but once I replaced the blades I hated to shoot it, but I hated not knowing how it was going to fly worse.

Last year I shot Rusty Ulmers broadhead that it hopefully will be out soon. It is a great design and you can lock the blades in to practice and then remove a set screw so that they will expand for hunting situations.

I use VPA Terminator 100 gr Broadhead. A three blade cut on contact head that is truly solid and machined from one piece of steel, no casting or welds to worry about. Super super easy to re-sharpen. Proof of the effectiveness is in the deer that is on my avatar, once shot only went about 30 yards, absolutely devastating effect! :D