1denogean

Jaguarundi in AZ

Okay lately i have heard alot of talk of jaguarundi in AZ. i was wondering if anyone has any experience with this? have you seen one? have you heard of anyone that has seen one? someone says that game and fish has been in search of them but i dont know how true this is. i have also heard they were checking peoples cams looking for them. im just curious it is something that has been on my mind. i never believed about the ocelot till i saw one for myself.

please post if you have any info about jaguarundis?

Yes there are Jaguarundis in Az. I saw a pair four years ago when I was hunting. I even had pictures, but unfortunatly a week afer I got the pictures I had my truck stolen and the camera was in it, and as usual I had not downloaded the photos yet. They are a very interesting animals to see. I was not sure what they were when I saw them I had to go home and do some research to figure out what they were. I got a chance to sit there and watch them for an hour or so.

Brandon I think you may be date'in one! I hear they are small and mean!

They are a cross between a Jaguar and a Coatimundi. They are the result of not enough jaguars for the remaining jaguars to mate with and too many Coatis running around. DNA results have shown that Macho B fathered several Jaguarundis.

They are a cross between a Jaguar and a Coatimundi. They are the result of not enough jaguars for the remaining jaguars to mate with and too many Coatis running around. DNA results have shown that Macho B fathered several Jaguarundis.

This is incorrect, they are actually a cross between a coues deer and a chupacabra.

i see bryan still has his RV sense o' humor. that's purty funny. i bet the coati mundi didn't care for it.

amanda, how many unreliable people have said they have seen em? Lark.

A friend thought he had one on his trail cam, but it was just a big black feral house cat with a fluffy tail.

Haha thats too funny

I saw one in 36A three seasons ago. Glassed it and watched it walk across the hilside. It was the more common dark or black version. Some times(more rare)they are tan ish. There seems to be sightings every year but aparently the G&F doesnt have a carcass for proof or something like that. IDK?

Lance

So are they legal to shoot or are they protected? Thats all I want to know :ph34r: