Ace High Benny

"The Draw" and a new topic....

I wanted 36B and I got 36B; late November!

Best of luck to all with tags!

Now, in the last 3 years for instance, has anybody experienced a "License & Tag check" by the AZGFD while in the field? I am curious to know the statistics of such enforcement.

Cheers,

AHB

we have been checked 2 years in a role in 24A and hopefully we get checked again. I enjoy seeing AZGFD rangers out and about and would actually like to see more.

My buddy got a tag check in region 6 two years ago in Dec, for a coues hunt. Officer was a real nice guy, one of the best encounters I've ever had with G&F in the field. In 08 and 09 archery early elk, I never even saw a truck. I did hear about the meat processors being checked pretty frequently. I've probably been tag checked a half dozen times or so in the last 10 years. It used to happen a lot more than it does now.

I got checked in 33 last year and had A Buenos Aires agent help me track and recover a Mule Deer that I shot down there, after we found it, he checked my license and tag.

I have the same hunt as you Ace.

You would be surprised on how many times you are actually checked in the field and you did not even know about it. They have been known to see your vehicle and run your plate to see if you have a tag and then proceed to the next tag holder. Dan is our gf officer and he is just one heck of a guy. You can call him anytime and ask him questions and he is always there to help you out too. Great guy and I wish they were all like Dan.

I've had 2 G&F guys leave a business card on my truck in the past. I wonder what happens when I'm drivin my truck and my buddy is the tag holder. I know they can get names for registered owners of vehicles and then check their tag holder list.

I have only been checked 4 times in the last 20 years. If there is only one WM per unit, easy to see why the chances of being checked are slim. I would like G&F to be able to have more WMs in the field. All of my experiences with the WMs have been positive.

In 29, 24a and 23 archery hunting I get checked all the time. I have no problem with being checked at all. Had a lady officer in 23 last August come into camp after my brother killed his deer and she checked us then did the CWD thing on my brothers buck for testing.

Brian

One time in the field, a couple times on a tagged deer. But all of the times I was WITH someone who was checked, I've NEVER seen them check a license to cross reference the tagholder. Odd to me. The only time my license was ever checked was at a deer check in station on the kaibab. I wasn't hunting. It was my dads deer. He asked me for my tag and license. I said i wast hunting, just helping my dad. He asked again. I looked at the g and f employee like "huh???". I mentioned I wasn't hunting, AGAIN, and went to walk away. He stopped and asked for my license once again. I repeated that I wasnt hunting and just helping my dad. He demanded my license. Whatever......

So to answer your question, they rarely check BOTH. In my experience.

I was checked this year by G&F while Javelina Hunting with my wife north of Globe and I was checked a couple of years ago while out hunting Pheasants near Yuma.

Years ago in 36A I got stopped. I was 18 or 19. I had a toy hauler and 2 of my buddies. 2 of us were archery hunting and helping my buddy with a Dec coues rifle tag. An AZGFD officer and, what apeared to be a trainee, stopped us asked us for our licences, tags, IDs, and second forms of IDs. He asked about the trailer, wich I said was ours. He told me he didn't think I had hooked up all the LP stuff up right as he could smell LP. He also said my camp was a disaster with trash all over the place. He told the two of us with bows we were waisting our time and laughed and said good luck. He treated us like we were idiots, and criminals. Kinda burned me. There was no trash in the camp, and no LP leaks. The trainee gave me the "I'm sorry" face when the officer started in on us. I hate being treated like I'm an idiot, maybe its how I look.

it ain't that youngbuck. they always treat me like crap and i'm good lookin'. i haven't had what i would call a positive meeting with a azgfd or usfs guy in many years. seems like they think everyone is a criminal, they just need to figure out what it is you did wrong. last time i think was when i was fishing at crescent lake really early one spring. really nice lady game warden checked my creel and i had several really nice rainbows and brookies. she measured and weighed em and we bs'd for awhile. showed her how i was fishing. asked if she wanted to see my license and she said no. said i wouldn't be fishing in the wide open if i didnt' have one. she even gave me her card. don't know why. maybe because i am so good lookin'. maybe a half hour later another warden came by and started in like i was some kinda criminal. i told him the lady that just left was really nice and he was a jerk and asked him why. showed him her card. he just walked off and left. some guys really seem to need to express what they percieve as authority i guess. i have no problem what so ever with showing a guy my license and tag, but man i hate the 20 question deal they always seem to go into. at leasat wait until somebody does somethin' wrong. Lark.