Ace High Benny

"The Draw" and a new topic....

the new federal warden that lives in 36b is a complete douche bag. have had numerous run ins with him in the last 2 years since he started.

the new federal warden that lives in 36b is a complete douche bag. have had numerous run ins with him in the last 2 years since he started.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Lark/

if there is one thing the azgfd could do to improve how they are percieved it would be to make sure folks who aren't breaking the law are able to go away with a positive outlook. they really need to work on some consistency in the way they deal with people. when they catch a poacher, run him in the dirt, who cares. but don't treat joe hunter like he's a bad guy. over the years i've seen about a half dozen game wardens go way past stupid in the way they treat folks. i did forget about a good contact i had with a warden about 5 years ago. i was elk hunting with a guy who was a mile or so away off in a canyon with another guy. i glassed up some bulls in a canyon next to the highway. the guy with the tag finally wandered back to the road and i got his attention and he ran down to where i was. i was pointing out the bulls, while we were right on the side of the highway, when a warden drove up and stopped. as he got out he said to go ahead and shoot, he'd check us later. he busted a 5x6, the guy checked his tag, said congratulations and left. i think he didn't wanna get roped into helping us punk it to the road. no law was broken. he could see the situation and just went with it. worked out good all around. but anymore i think that is the exception. when i was a kid there was a notorious jerk warden that even the other wardens hated. it was dec 31 and me and my dad were varmint calling. when we came back to the truck this jackass was there and he started telling my dad how lucky he was it wasn't a day later because he'd get a ticket for no license. really started to lecture and threaten. i bet his ears are still ringin' from what my ol' mad told him. Lark.

Were his initials T.W. or B.B.?

Pick a profession, any profession and you will find people who do it well and others who still have a lot to learn. My .02 is this; treat them both with respect (or how you would like to be treated), regardless of their approach. Likely you will get the same respect in return and if not, you can walk away feeling much better about yourself having given the person on the other end a new outlook for how they approach the next guy.

My experience with G&F has been only positive. I can remember being checked 30 some years ago shooting dove as a youngster and periodically since then. Every time I leave my home for a hunt or outdoors trip, I leave expecting to see them, with my license and tag safety pinned inside my pocket, and expecting it to be a pleasant experience. More recently, I drew a highly coveted tag and they far exceeded my expectations with the time and personal assistance they provided. I can honestly say that my hunt turned out completely different than it would have without them.

I've read some of the bad stories about them posted here and elsewhere. If completely true, they are unfortunate, but I also know there are always two sides, and wonder what the other side might say if they had the freedom to post their perspective. These guys have a tough job, that I respect, and we need to remember we are always working with each other - not against.

tw, yup. the valley even smells better now that he left. Lark

In 1987 I glassed up a bear above Pima and killed it. Earlier that day I was watching a truck load of guys from a high point that stopped and shot up a whole herd of pigs, in September illegally. They walked around and held them up and stacked them in a pile. They had a construction placard on the door of the truck that I could read with my spotting scope. Well T.W. came by for the mandatory check and when I told him where the bear was taken he asked about a truck in the same canyon. He continued on saying that they were his buddies from the valley and that he had sent them up there. I told him about the placard and he said "that's them". I then told him to ask his buddies about the herd of pigs that they had poached. I never heard another word about it.

got checked in 29 one time , the guy was professional about it ,asked for my license and tag and I showed em . he got a little friendlier once he saw my coues whitetail sticker . I remember he said " Oh , are you a friend of Amanda's ?"

Born and raised here in AZ. I have never been checked by Game and Fish face to face. My dad ran in to one once in unit 28 back in 89' or 90'. By the time I got there, he said he didn't need to see mine. Same thing on a pig hunt behind the Cat proving grounds in 98 or so. They stopped at the truck, talked to my boss about the one he tagged while the rest of us were still out dressing ours, gone by the time I got there. I have seen them on the road, but talked to very few.

I think the only time I was ever checked was by Marana PD. My buddy and I had found a sweet spot for dove. We knew we were far enough from houses and the highway, but they showed up when some concerned residents called in shots fired. They were cool, but they even ran our weapons. Could have given us tickets for firing in city limits, but really it's just Marana.

In one ocasion while quail hunting I got checked by a female Game Warden......SHE WAS HOT!! :lol: but she didn't check my gun tho :rolleyes:

In one ocasion while quail hunting I got checked by a female Game Warden......SHE WAS HOT!! :lol: but she didn't check my gun tho :rolleyes:

It was probably unloaded and a .22 :lol: :lol:

I got tag checked in 1994. The officer actually used his radio to call the GFD office to verify it was a real tag and that the tag number matched my name. He saw that it was not signed, reminded me that this was a violation and asked me to validate my tag by signing it, offered me a pen, I signed it, he thanked me for my time and we went our sperate ways. All in all he was cool.

I was technically in violation carrying my tag without having signed it and he was cool about it. I appreciated the fact that he treated it as the minor issue that it was and just let me sign it instead of making a big deal out of it and causing all kinds of trouble for me. I can live with game cops as long as they are not as rigid as phone poles.

I ran into wardens in 24A and 24B. Both were cool. They checked our tags on their print out. One laughed at the fact we were hunting mule deer in an area i was sure was mule deer country, gave us some suggestions and left.

Last year I got checked right as we were leaving our camp to go help my buddy in a different unit. It was th first time I have been checked. Game warden was really cool, had a great experience and looking back on it I am glad he checked me, because I had a tagged deer in the back of my truck and was heading to a different unit. He asked where I would be in the other unit and sent me on my way. I called Game and Fish to get a little bit of information on the area I was hunting in last year. I described to the guy where I was and just mentioned I got my deer in there last year and he asked if he checked me. Couldn't believe he remembered me, kinda cool.