Sign in to follow this  
daryl_s

New Covert

So I bought a camera and also talked my dad into buying a camera when Amanda had the older Covert's on sale. We had been wanting to get started using trail cams, this was just a good reason to start. Here is just a small sampling of some of the pictures we've gotten so far over the summer. If you happen to know the spot or are smart enough to figure it out from the pictures, please don't announce it to the whole world. And don't worry, we have seen a good number of bucks in this area, but the biggest from January would maybe go 90" We are not trophy hunters but enjoy getting to know new areas and find new spots. Enjoy

I just really liked how this picture turned out. The coloring, the sunlight hitting the deer and the water dripping from her mouth. Thought it was pretty cool

509.jpg

This bear has been around since we started putting cameras up beginning of June. Nice blonde male. We have TONS of pictures of him over the last 2 months. Didn't figure this for bear country.

003.jpg

This was the big shocker for us. He has been coming around pretty often the last few weeks. Cool pictures, hope he doesn't eat all the deer before the season.

004.jpg

Momma grey fox and her young'n

006.jpg

Young buck wanted to cool down while taking a drink.

597.jpg

Some piggies

168.jpg

169.jpg

The biggest buck in the area. Last year he was probably about 85" or so. He had a buddy that hung around with him all summer and then strangely disappeared about 3 weeks ago. Lion food????

219.jpg

So this being our first time using cameras we have been having a lot of fun and found it to be a great scouting tool.

• Like 1

Daryl,

I too am interested in doing the trail cam thing. You posted some great pics! What camera did you buy? You said it was the older one...is it the covert II or the older, odd shaped covert I ? I am leaning toward the covert I, but wasn't sure if 3 MP is good enough resolution.

Do other trail cam users have experience with the covert I, and can offer input?

I also noticed Bass Pro has Wildgame Inovations 10 MP camera for a little more $$. Anyone have opinions on this camera?

Thanks,

Brad

The lion pic would make a great desktop background! Nice pics

Daryl,

I too am interested in doing the trail cam thing. You posted some great pics! What camera did you buy? You said it was the older one...is it the covert II or the older, odd shaped covert I ? I am leaning toward the covert I, but wasn't sure if 3 MP is good enough resolution.

Do other trail cam users have experience with the covert I, and can offer input?

I also noticed Bass Pro has Wildgame Inovations 10 MP camera for a little more $$. Anyone have opinions on this camera?

Thanks,

Brad

Brad, it's the Covert 2. I finally decided to give in and get one when Amanda had them discounted until they sold out. I talked my dad into getting one also. The first pics are from his cam and the javelina and bigger buck are from mine. The cameras are a few ridges apart. They are small, take great pictures, and battery life is great. I am still new at this but it's a lot of fun and a great scouting tool. I should have started a long time ago.