Sign in to follow this  
SirRoyal

First Come, First Serve Tags Up

Friends and I drew leftover coues permits for unit 36C Nov 4-10. We did not get our first choice.

Doug

24B WT Oct 28th

Dang, you got my Tag :(

No i didn't get one. The lady told me this morning that all the tags where gone and i still didn't get one.

I have a stupid question. The lady told me that my application will be sent back to me. I assume that means my check as well, but what about the application fee. Should I not assume anything. Are they going to cash it and send back the remainder with the other refunds?

Thanks,

Just called and my son got 30B October 21. We had these left over tags last year and got one out of two and saw deer every day. Looks like I have three weekends in a row to hunt this year.

DCM

Drew 34B, 4-10 Nov with 2 other guys. This was our 4th choice, never been there but have driven by the area. My concern is with safety because it looks like beautiful whitetail country. Would like to meet up with other members and possible camp by some other hunters.

Friends and I drew leftover coues permits for unit 36C Nov 4-10. We did not get our first choice.

Doug

Maybe we will see you down there again Doug. I will let you know where we will be camped and holpefully you could swing by for a beer.

I just found out that I got one of them left over border unit tags in October. I'm going to do a solo backpack hunt just a few miles north of the Mexico border... heard there's lots of mules in the area I'll be hunting. Do you think I could pay one of them to pack my deer out?

Doug

Maybe we will see you down there again Doug. I will let you know where we will be camped and holpefully you could swing by for a beer.

My son has that tag, perhaps we will run into you fellers down there.

I struck out in the draw, so I applied for the leftover permits. I got my second choice, which was in Unit 36C starting in Nov.4th. This is a new unit for me. Not too crazy about the border problems, so I may be looking to camp with others for security purposes. Any help, info or directions would be rgeatly appreciated.

Called at noon and they told me I didn't have a tag yet. They said they still had over 600 applications to process at that time. Hoping for 36B as well.

I have a stupid question. The lady told me that my application will be sent back to me. I assume that means my check as well, but what about the application fee. Should I not assume anything. Are they going to cash it and send back the remainder with the other refunds?

Thanks,

nope- you should get your full check - no fee on left overs

i was lucky got 3rd choice 35 b oct.

Doug

24B WT Oct 28th

+1

My group to