outlaw357derf

Still waiting for elk mount

5 years ago I harvested my first elk. I took my antlers to Chuck Meachum Taxidermy in Tucson AZ. Chuck Meachum happens to be the AZ President of the Taxidermist Association. Mr. Meachum said it would cost me 1300.00 and be 14 months until I could pick up my mount. I have paid 1000.00 dollars already and tried to contact him for the last 3 and a half years via email,telephone, and going to his shop when I didn't recieve a phone call after 18 months. Dont let this happen to you. I have fianally gotten drawn for elk again this year in unit 27 and will be looking for a reputable taxidermist. Any suggestions would be helpful.

We had a similar incident with Lone Eagle Taxidermy in Heber a few years back. What a mess, turned a great hunt into a terrible situation. never got the mount done, got the rack back and still paid $500. Be careful who you take your trophies to. Good luck getting yours back

Seems like most of the guys who are a sponsor here, are good to go. I've had good timely work done from Clay @ Mogollion and Colton Bagnoli. All the stuff I've had them do or buddies stuff had been top notch. I would not hesitate to take any of my trophies to Wellers or Wild Heritage either. I want to give Wild heritage a try next. Sorry to hear about your Taxi troubles, I've been burned too. The problem with taxidermists is that when they are good and get stuff done, they can charge a lot more. If they dont raise their prices, they will eventualy become swamped with work when people learn they are good. That has been my experience anyways.

5 years ago I harvested my first elk. I took my antlers to Chuck Meachum Taxidermy in Tucson AZ. Chuck Meachum happens to be the AZ President of the Taxidermist Association. Mr. Meachum said it would cost me 1300.00 and be 14 months until I could pick up my mount. I have paid 1000.00 dollars already and tried to contact him for the last 3 and a half years via email,telephone, and going to his shop when I didn't recieve a phone call after 18 months. Dont let this happen to you. I have fianally gotten drawn for elk again this year in unit 27 and will be looking for a reputable taxidermist. Any suggestions would be helpful.

For $200 you get a lawyer to make a phone call or send a registered letter demanding your elk or your $1000.

Don't feel bad about giving money to a lawyer either....to paraphrase Jesse Wales, "heck, buzzards gotta eat too."

I had the same issue with another place. After contacting the G&F to find out they never reported receiving my elk and being contacted by the officer I was given a call. They returned my ruined hide and the foam mount. Didn't get my money that I put for a down payment.

Seems like most of the guys who are a sponsor here, are good to go. I've had good timely work done from Clay @ Mogollion and Colton Bagnoli. All the stuff I've had them do or buddies stuff had been top notch. I would not hesitate to take any of my trophies to Wellers or Wild Heritage either. I want to give Wild heritage a try next. Sorry to hear about your Taxi troubles, I've been burned too. The problem with taxidermists is that when they are good and get stuff done, they can charge a lot more. If they dont raise their prices, they will eventualy become swamped with work when people learn they are good. That has been my experience anyways.

+1 Clay does an awesome job, he did my wifes coues last year and it was timely and exceptional work. I have a 23 md tag and if i shoot a worthy one wild heritage will be getting some extra work.

Chuck took 3 yrs to do two whitetail mounts for my friend and I. We literally were just showing up at his shop and bugging him with phone calls. We made several threats to come get our stuff. We only had small deposits on those, your much worse off than we were. Go to Devin and Chris' shop at Roger and Oracle and look around. 6 to 7 mo turn around for top notch work.

Seems like most of the guys who are a sponsor here, are good to go....

Amanda checks references and researches before accepting any of our sponsors. She wants to make sure they are solid, reputable, good match ups with cw.

I agree, our sponsors are top-notch!

+1 for clay at mogollon. He did my antelope for me last year looks great and only took 6 months.

Wellers will be the only ones that will touch my trophies

Global Destinations Artistry has done all my work for the past few years..... I have now, or will very soon have 10 mounts done, Coues and Africa animals.

Not sure what happen to Mr. Meachum over the years. Used to be a good outfit back in the day.If you live in are near Tucson you have one of the best Taxidermist in the state there in Tucson. Arizona wildlife designs. Look at the post below from Becker. Devin and Chris are second to no one. And they are a sponsor here on CWT.

If you live in are near Tucson you have one of the best Taxidermist in the state there in Tucson. Arizona wildlife designs. Look at the post below from Becker. Devin and Chris are second to no one. And they are a sponsor here on CWT.

+1