Coues&Bass

Wallow Fire

From what I hear, the two guys live in Benson. Both of them rent their houses and have no assests to speak of. So as far as them paying much, you can count that out. The gal who set part of the Rodeo fire, was fined $5,000 and ordered to do 2 years worth of community service. So don't expect much out of these two guys.

just a couple of broke idiots, Feds will be able to say they aggressively pursued the individuals so it looks good in the papers and since they are Americans they are not going to hurt someones feelings by going after someone not from this country.

Ain't heard a word about the southern fires started by illegals this year, or last year, or the year before that.

Dog and pony show.........with a toothless dog and a shetland pony.

As long as there are idiots I will have work.

So, why haven't they charged anyone with starting the Horseshoe II and Monument fires? Apparently illegals who start fires just get a free ride back to Mexico for another try or another load, or they are not "important enough" to identify and prosecute.

From what I hear, the two guys live in Benson. Both of them rent their houses and have no assests to speak of. So as far as them paying much, you can count that out. The gal who set part of the Rodeo fire, was fined $5,000 and ordered to do 2 years worth of community service. So don't expect much out of these two guys.

An Indian started the rodeo fire. The chediski fire was started by the woman and I think that she got a pass.

The size of the fire is the forests services fault.

• Like 1

An Indian started the rodeo fire. The chediski fire was started by the woman and I think that she got a pass.

The size of the fire is the forests services fault.

The Rodeo fire brought charges of $500k I think.

Action folks.....we need your action. We need you to email, write, call and demand action. This should include at a minimum the following:

• Jon Kyle
  • John McCain
  • Apache County Sheriff Deadman
  • Apache County Supervisor Lee
  • Congressman Paul Gosar
  • Apache County Attorney Michael Whiting

Do some research on Catron County New Mexico, better yet, folks from New Mexico chime in. The Sheriff of any given County in the United States of America has more authority than anyone, including the Forest Service. People have the government pyramid backwards. The power does NOT come from Washington down. The authority as vested THROUGH the United States Constitution, starts with the Counties, then to the States and LAST AND LEAST, Washington.

Anyone lucky enough to have Steve Pierce as your Congressman, consider yourself lucky. That is a man with a plan and he understands the system. We need to remove the Forest Service from Apache County, and the State of Arizona for that matter. We don't need them. They do nothing but harm.

We can keep the local employees who have vested interests in OUR communities and Forests. We can use the revenue from logging, not just in the short term but long term logging to pay their salaries and benefits.

Take Action. Talking about it on this forum and any other will not do anything unless the people mentioned above are contacted. If you love THIS MOUNTAIN and Arizona as much as I do, it is your public and civic duty to take action.

The two guys will get what they get, it's a moot point. WE NEED TO CHANGE THE SYSTEM!!!!!

• Like 1

mismanagment of our forest, that is what it boils down to. Every year there are human caused and nature (lightning) caused fires that get out of hand. How much forest needs to burn before the government and/or citizens do something about it?

I don't think they should in anymore trouble than the gal that started the chediski fire, that was stupidity these guys made a mistake and if there weren't stupid laws about fighting fires in wilderness areas with whatever means necessary they probably could've got a handle on it quick. Don't get me wrong they should get some sort of punishment but what? putting them in the poor house or the big house won't fix a thing. The Slobs are the ones who started the horeshoe and mounument fires, if youre from another country you can get away with it. I never read anything about them fishing the wallow creek, but acording to the recent article they stayed the night in the forest and the next morning ran into a sheriff at wildcat creek and told him they thought it was their campfire that had started the fire, doesn't sound like they were trying to hide anything. If the forest was properly maintained this wouldn't have been as devistating. If these guys wouldn't have caused it someone else would've that forest was on borrowed time and it's sad to see it gone. Any one of our kids could've been up there and there generator or vehicle could've been the cause then how would we feel about punishment? Hopefully it was truly an accident. And atleast the wolves are ok I think thats all that matters to the Enviormental wackos and the Fish and Wildlife idiots.

I don't think they should in anymore trouble than the gal that started the chediski fire, that was stupidity these guys made a mistake and if there weren't stupid laws about fighting fires in wilderness areas with whatever means necessary they probably could've got a handle on it quick. Don't get me wrong they should get some sort of punishment but what? putting them in the poor house or the big house won't fix a thing. The Slobs are the ones who started the horeshoe and mounument fires, if youre from another country you can get away with it. I never read anything about them fishing the wallow creek, but acording to the recent article they stayed the night in the forest and the next morning ran into a sheriff at wildcat creek and told him they thought it was their campfire that had started the fire, doesn't sound like they were trying to hide anything. If the forest was properly maintained this wouldn't have been as devistating. If these guys wouldn't have caused it someone else would've that forest was on borrowed time and it's sad to see it gone. Any one of our kids could've been up there and there generator or vehicle could've been the cause then how would we feel about punishment? Hopefully it was truly an accident. And atleast the wolves are ok I think thats all that matters to the Enviormental wackos and the Fish and Wildlife idiots.

Kinda agree with most stated(except with the slobs part). But even these two young adults said they are "experienced outdoorsmen"?

I think I even met Caleb once in gmu 32. Didn't seem like too bad of a guy,just young.

Yep, They made a big mistake on a lot of things. Yep. I'm just as pissed and heartbroken for all the loss as the rest of us.

The only thing I can do now is continue to do my part in helping others learn how fragile our outdoors can be.

That tends to get loss at times even with the ones that consider themselves "experienced outdoorsmen".

if they end up with felony convictions it will be a rough deal. as far as money, you can't get blood out of a turnip. i think they do need to pay enough that it is a hardship for them, at least for awhile. felonies are bad deals. can't own a gun, or even stay in a house with a gun. can't vote. can't hardly get a job. not a good thing at all. but i also agree that there are a lot of other factors that added to this and allowed it to get out of hand. many years of no management is the most glaring. sounds like there were some real poor decisions after it started by those in charge of putting it out. the fact it went from bear wallow to greer, that is a long dang way, without even hardly slowing down, says a lot about everything. then you add in no rain for months and high winds, pretty sad deal. again, i feel sorry for these guys. they didn't intend to do it. but they did something stupid and it happened. they need to be accountable. but so do the folks that didn't do anything for 20 years before that. needs to be some real deep diggin' into what actually happened. before the fire started and especially immediately after it started and the results need to be made public and someone needs to be held accountable. but don't hold your breath. i kinda doubt much is gonna change. Lark.

Forest service does a couple things right....but managing our forest is not there strong point. We need lots of prescribed burns and logging to keep fire fuel low.. so hard working fire fighters can get the fires out. Also to kick those tree hugging a$$hats out of there heads and giv em' the ol' finger. Just by looking at the forest in first week of may you could tell everything looked extremly dry....It was windy for the next couple weeks and even lil bit of rain/snow.I would think just that little bit of moisture wouldn't do anything to help the forest. You need lots of abundant rain fall to get the forest nice and healthy. And the by looking at the summer rain so far it would have done so ... if the jerk's hadn't left there fire unattended...and the jerk's that lifted the restrictions.

These guys are just going to be scapgoated and basically used as a diversion as to what really is the underlying problem of forest mismanagment. Ultimately they should be held reasonably responsible for there part of it but putting them in prison for life or fining them One trillion dollars isnt going to bring it back or change future decisions and how things are done with OUR public lands. This is all just a distraction to get the heat off the Feds for there part.

Here's my 2, I mean 10 cents:

I don't now these two guys from Sunday but there are a few things that seem @$$ backwards with our system as a whole. Chances are these two don't have any assets to take so why fine them at all? If they truly did not have criminal intent then I think we can all agree that they have suffered more personal anguish and heartbreak for their actions then any monetary punishment can ever bring. Also, if you slap a big fine on them you do two things: One, put a huge amount of pressure on them financially which only hurts their landlords, finance companies, other people they owe, employers ect.. so if you fine them who really gets punished? Two, it gives the government more money to improperly spend. The best thing these guys can do is pull up there boots, go to work and try to create as much awareness for their mistake and make as much money as possible to increase their contributions(taxes) to help fix future problems. If the theory is true about the improper response time then we have to believe there is some truth to these guy's word, right? The only thing that doesn't add up for me is why the dogs were tied to the tree and did not go on the hike? Call me crazy but when I take Rugby(see this ones for the dogs) to the woods the last thing I do is tie him to a tree in camp while I go out looking for berries? Also, government agencies have no immediate accountability. We pay their salaries yet they tell us what to do, how to do it, and when to do it. Yet when they screw up it takes us forever if ever to get a resolution. If a government Official is held accountable for an "alleged" improper action/reaction they will long be retired and milking their fat pension paid for by who? Aw yes friends, you and me and the two fellas who "allegedly" started the blaze.

Pissed off Hunter/Tax payer...

Andy

• Like 1