I too have been in your situation. I have shot and missed numerous times. Buck fever, inexperience, call it what you want. This year I prevailed and you can too. Take your frustrations and use the energy from it. You will succeed. I wish you luck.

1 week hunting+

3 missed shots + (one on the coolest buck ever)

1 speeding ticket +

coming home with a rash =

3rd year in a row of nothing but blown opportunities

Nuff said I need to find a new hobby, archery isnt working maybe I could take up crochet.

Congrats to all the awesome bucks I've seen on here today Good work

Rash, That's what you get for stopping in at Pete's Place for lunch ;)

Rash, That's what you get for stopping in at Pete's Place for lunch

Thats who shot those two arrows in the cow out front.

he he he

That's archery for you! I missed shots at monster deer, and killed small bucks. you want to give up, like me one time. I was asking myself what am I doing, I could be home watching tv, and spending time with my family, but then when you least expect it, you here like your arrow hitting a log, but it wasn't. It was your arrow smacking the deer, then at that moment, you are glad you didn't give up.

You want to quit? Really? Dude how many woman we had to date to find the right one?? Bow hunting is the same thing, you need to keep shoting unitl you connect!

You should be happy and glad that you are able to do it, yea some times it gets discouraging but that does not meant you should stop....look at Casey, he hasn't even taken a shot yet :D

Ernesto C

Could have been like my past 4 full days afield with no sightings and then 2 days with a nice buck at 80 yards and missed then 4 3 hour days of spot and stalk to get a small I MEAN small 2x3 at 50 yards....I was about to give up too but that is where you can not let it get to you you HAVE to keep on trying...When it all comes together you will know it and it will FEEL perfect. Don't give up because of everything you already have into it. KEEP on going and those backstraps will be yours soon.

I've hunted coues with a bow for 17 yrs, still haven't shot one, missed shots= so many I can't count.. Blown stalks= to many to count... Lost or broken arrows= has to be dozens.. Memories of chasing coues with a bow.. Priceless.. Love them man they are the coolest deer ever.. Keep huntin and it'll happen!!

Yesterday, oh yesterday, on stalk #4 on my "trophy", one 4x4 sprinted to the other side, and saw me move one step...and you know the rest.

Today, I "clocked out" for maybe 20 seconds....deer move out, and when they appear, no spike ( but I pass on thems anyhow).

Point is this: I see more coyotes, lions, foxes, female mulies about to walk on me, fawns purposely bumping into mamma, crazy insects to ever give up this craziness called bow hunting. I use a recurve, so my hunt sort of starts where a compound (if you canshoot) ends. A madness all its own, the trad archery.I own my failed ambushes and stalks. Sure the wind moved once,like a little devil on my back (stalk # 3), but the rest are pilot errors.

But, and a big but, I am learning one heck of alot, and when it happens, aka you connect, you'll love it.

Like some one said, "Arizona offers a lot of hunting opportunities." The success rate for archery in Missouri is quite high; not so much here as evident by the paucity of posts --go girls.

(You'll be there in December)

Floyd, out

I am ready to make blinds...

Don't give up! I miss 6 times before I connected this season. Figure out what your doing wrong and fix it... When you draw back on a deer just go through everything in your head make your self a mental check list.. I started telling my self when i draw back look through the peep, how am i gripping my bow, and burn a hole in the target. it help me with my last shot. And remember Winners never quite, Quitters never win.

he he he

You mean the place in Payson, right? I always wondered if pete had an alcohol problem, least ways that explains the arrows ;). Or maybe they were put there by bigfoot (he,he,he) JK