Sign in to follow this  
Bowsniper Jr.

My First Buck!

Wow, sounds like your having a great year. I have heard of the string tracker system but never tried it. Your buck looks like my first buck when I was 11. Congrats.

Brian

Way to go, Daniel! You sure make me a proud papa!

Daniel really worked hard for this buck. He had three coues hunts last year: his own rifle tag, his mom's transferred rifle tag, and December Archery. All together, 10 days without a shot, although he did pass a button buck because it was still with his mother.

The string tracker worked like magic! The shot was double lung, although high in the lungs. With only a 1" broadhead, there was very little blood. After the arrow passed through, it got wedged in some brush as the buck took off. Since the arrow was stuck, the the length of the string pulled through his lungs to where he piled up. We followed the two strings, one stained red, through the thick and nasty, around trees, and across a small drainage. The string is similar in size and strength to dental floss. I was impressed that it pulled through the deer and around many corners without breaking.

Mark

Congratulations on your first! I'm sure it will be the first of a long and distinguished list.

Awesome job on the buck and story.

Woohoo! Great Job Daniel! My hat off for you :D

I'll be waiting here for your pheasant hunt.

Mark, can you adopt me? Can you take me to your hunting spot so I can get one with my bow? ;) Take care guys.

Ernesto C

wooooweeeee, oh my, 1st a javelina, then a tom turkey and now a coues all with a bow in 2011. Are you sure you are only 11???? :huh: Chuck Adams, watch out, you met your match :P

Way to go Daniel. You and your father have lots to be proud of.

Way to get it done! An archery coues at 11 years old?!?!?! :blink: Way too cool. Congrats on your first of many! I know your dad has to be glowing with pride.

-Tracy

Way to go Daniel!!! You did a great job of getting your deer and writing your story. I know your dad is very proud of all your accomplishments.