Sign in to follow this  
azmetalman

Bull Basin Archery

About 2 months ago I was in Flagstaff and decided to visit Bull Basin Archery, a CWT sponsor, to discuss purchasing my first mechanical release. John stopped what he was doing and spent 30 minutes helping me make a good choice. I left with a good release that fits my needs and some advice about how to proceed with purchasing a new bow sometime in the future.

Due to a worn out elbow I haven't picked up my outdated but very good PSE for 15 years. A couple of years ago I had the elbow rebuilt with "Tommy John's" surgery. It is like new.(it should be $$$)

One piece of advice from Tim Neal at BBA was not to shoot my old bow to avoid starting potential bad habits with old technology. He suggested that I start drawing the PSE and build up by draw strength using the old technology to reach a comfortable 60 lbs. This turned out to be great advice. I actually have a heavier draw that is much easier to manage on my new bow.

I returned to Flagstaff last Sunday to do some ATV riding and made a 63 mile loop into some new country on Monday. On I arrived at Bull Basin at the appointed time to shoot 3 bows that I had laboriously researched. I ended up shooting 4 different bows and settled on a Hoyt Rampage that fits me well and is exactly what I need at this point. All told Tim, John, Chris and Maverick spent 5 hours assisting me. After a lot of shooting, indecision and advice the bare bow became a package with top notch accessories, arrows, broad heads and field points all finely tuned and priced well. The service and attention to detail as well as some shooting form critiques were well beyond my expectation.

I will return again and again. The service level at Bull Basin Archery in Flagstaff is well worth the drive from Fountain Hills.

I went back to Bull Basin Archery this morning. I made a stupid mistake and my new Hoyt needed a tune up. John did that and more. I am much more comfortable with the bow since he noticed a flaw in my form and that the draw length was a touch too long. He made sure the cams were in sync and generally gave me a perfect bow. I bought an additional dozen Carbon Express Maxima arrows and field points. ( You can't beat their price on these 2010 models). Meanwhile My wife who hasn't shot a bow for 40 years wanted to try out a compound. Weston took great pains to set up a bow for her to try while I stayed in a different zip code. She had never used a release so Weston set her up with one of those also. After shooting a few arrows she is really jazzed about a future purchase from Bull Basin. I am excited that she has a high level of interest. If she decides to hunt fine. If not that is also OK. Just the fact that she is willing to give the sport a serious try I am very happy. Thanks to John and Weston for a great morning. If you haven't been to their shop you owe it to yourself to stop by and see for yourself.

Bull Basin is a great place to buy archery equipment in Flagstaff, excellent customer service as well!

It doesn't get any better than Bull Basin here in Flag! I could fill pages with the great experiences I've had there!

I stop by there when im in Flagstaff !! Great shop !!!

Yes Sir! I've bought my last 3 Mathews from Bull Basin Flagstaff, great service! Tucson is a Mathews dealer as well!

+1 for Tucson. Great guys...great service!

+2 for Bull Basin in Tucson. Class A shop. Wouldn't go anywhere else.