tjwking

does anybody know this person?

i just love these kinda things. when it's all done and over somebody always ends up bein' millyvanilly and hasta go underground. c'mon other guys. i wanna hear the re-butt-all. Lark.

• Like 1

Dont hate the sinner, hate the sin. You got knocked down, get back up and get going before your hunt ends tjwking. put this nonsense behind you and move on. sooner or later the "other guys" will bow and confess just like the rest of us. Good luck and God bless.

I always wonder why wounded bulls always measure 400. All my wounded bulls went at least 450. I swear.

• Like 2

Another thing about poor ole 400" bulls. Not only are you about guaranteed to get wounded, It is almost certain you will be wounded in one lung. If you are a 400 inch bull you can kiss one lung goodbye for sure. You don't have to worry about your shoulder, neck. or leg. It is always one lung that is taken out on wounded 400 inch bulls. What a rotten fate those poor 400 inchers have. :(

• Like 2

I haven't read one word in this thread nor will I. I have however talked with people from both parties involved today. They have both requested that this thread be deleted. I don't know either of hunters personally and I wasn't there. But both sides said the hearsay and accusations are way out of line. It's Amanda's site and she can do as she pleases and I respect that. I'm just honoring a request from both parties to remove this from the www were it doesn't belong.

Stan

I haven't read one word in this thread nor will I. I have however talked with people from both parties involved today. They have both requested that this thread be deleted. I don't know either of hunters personally and I wasn't there. But both sides said the hearsay and accusations are way out of line. It's Amanda's site and she can do as she pleases and I respect that. I'm just honoring a request from both parties to remove this from the www were it doesn't belong.

Stan

Stan, you posted this same thing on the other site so I'm going to reply on both sites. Here is a copy of what I replied on the other site.

"Nuke a thread where no names have been mentioned? The closest thing to personal info was a licence plate.

All you really have here is hunters sharing thier opinions on a messed up situation. And AZ402, if you haven't read any of the posts, how do you know what has been said or if there have been accusations?

Because there were probably no laws truly broken, this is a chance for us as hunters to police our own. If we don't stand up and say what we, as an American culture, think is appropriate and not appropriate who will? There are laws that govern how we are expected to act in the field according to the law but there are no laws that say how we should act as a culture. We set our own standard. We police our own. The majority says what is acceptable and not acceptable. They teach ethics in Hunters Education but past that we are left to our own devices. If sportsman don't have a venue, like this, to share our concerns about the direction our sport is going then what will happen? What will happen if there are not voices to hold back the tide of those seeking to take advantage of our wildlife for profit? I do NOT think guides are the problem here guys. They fill a need. If I look to my left on this page right here I see a long list of reputable guides that have proven over many years that they love what they do and do it ethically. Lets not make this about guides. The problem is our own need to fill some hole in ourselves that says "If I shoot a record bull I'm more of a man". Should we NOT strive to do our best... NO! Should we strive to do our best for our OWN gratification? Absolutley! Should we strive and work for that giant bull so that others can tell us how good we are? NO!!! We should, as a culture, teach others that this a life of self-fullfilment. We deem what is a trophy in our own eyes an strive for that goal. We need to stop basing our personal value on what other think of us, and start basing it on what we think of ourselves and teach our kids that same value!

The only rule that was deffinately broken in this situation was the Golden Rule.

Heres the deal brothers, if we aren't careful we will start to see game and fish start a lottery for guides on hunts as well, to limit how many guides can work on a certain unit... You don't think it can happen? Let this crap keep happening and see what they do! Let the wrong person get messed with on a hunt, say a commissoner, and see if things don't change! Let a senator or congressman have a hunt ruined by this crap and see what happens. Remember what Harry Reid did to boil George Taulmans dreams of no non-resident cap?

Mark my words, if we do not police our own, the government will do it for us!"

Donnident

That was perfectly said. I do not understand why it is wrong to have this type of issue discussed in this format. Why should we want to condone a sweeping under the rug of such an incident. What if DBLUNG recovers a 400 type bull this year. I would like to know the complete story behind that. I would like it to be confirmed it is not the Bull Craig shot. I would like confirmation provided by Craig and his guide, who I am sure can describe the bull in detail. Should we not as a commnunity shun those involved with such unethical practices? Again, if we as a community cannot engage in this type of a debate, in a forum such as this, and instead support the idea of sweeping such matters under the rug, well we will deserve what we eventually get.

Amanda is out on her archery hunt at the moment.

I don't believe she has access to the forum so if the original

poster wants this thread deleted, then he needs to get in touch with another moderator.

Keep in mind, some are out on hunts as well.

Also keep in mind that another thread discussing the same topic can be started afterwards.

This is great. I love seeing people get all spun up. The only thing better is when someone posts a picture of a game camera thief.

I didn't ask for this thread to be removed. I stand by my words as they are the facts. I was also asked by my best friend and guide to stop making post for the time being.

Another thought, Stan with all due respect, if you talked to "both sides", and they both truly want to have the thread deleted, all they would need to do is to make 2 posts to this thread. One from Craig and one form the other side, very simply stating that upon further reflection they both are asking the thread be deleted. Why hasn't that been done? Craig has made posts on this thread and he has not confirmed your request purportedly made on his behalf. I just don't get it.

That certainly answers my inquiry, and really calls into question Stan's prior representations.

Interesting- As a general rule you should probably call into question EVERYTHING on the internet and not single any one person or event out.

One person's perception is their reality regardless of the events- can't change it, its human nature. Unless you were sitting there witnessing it, there are two acceptable responses to this thread, either 1) "if thats really what happened thats too bad, better luck next time" or 2) "Cool story bro, tell it again!!!"

There is a reason tjwking was asked to stand down I'm sure.

Oh and in regards to the other party not responding- If I had to guess, unless my calandar is way off, it is the middle of archery elk season. They are probably hunting elk since, well, that's what most people do when they are fortunate enough to have a tag.

Carry on-

Dave